- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
Brand funds grants for Katie’s Krops
US: WP Rawl’s Nature’s Greens is fighting hunger one garden at a time
For every bag of specially marked Nature’s Greens Kale and Collard Greens sold through the end of the year, WP Rawl will give a percentage to Katie’s Krops to help with the non-profit’s 2013 initiatives. The donation from WP Rawl is expected to allow Katie’s Krops to fund 15 gardens next spring.
Katie’s Krops began in 2008 when then-nine-year-old Katie Stagliano planted a tiny cabbage seedling and watched it grow into a 40-pound cabbage. After donating it to a local soup kitchen and realizing how many people she was able to feed with it, Katie decided to empower others to do the same. Today, Katie’s Krops has 51 gardens in 22 states that have yielded thousands of pounds of fresh produce donated to organizations helping people in need.
Giving back to the community has always been a part of WP Rawl’s core mission. As a grower, shipper and processor of leafy greens and various other vegetables, a partnership with Katie’s Krops made sense. Fresh produce is often the last thing that soup kitchens and food banks receive and Katie’s Krops gardens have been instrumental in providing this nourishment to the people that need it most. The partnership between Rawl and Katie’s Krops is a unique program that every retailer can localize to their own community, as well as a great opportunity to give back to those in need in a sustainable way.
“When I first met Katie, I was immediately energized by how much someone so young has been able to accomplish and knew we had to support her,” said Ashley Rawl, Director of Sales & Marketing for WP Rawl. “We wanted to put together a program to help Katie’s Krops grow while at the same time give her visibility in retail outlets across the country.”
Katie was recently honored as the youngest recipient of the Clinton Global Citizen Award in September 2012. She is also a board member of Alliance for a Healthier Generation and a former winner of Disney’s Friend for Change grant. Katie also blogs for Lowe’s Creative Ideas Garden Grow Along and is an avid swimmer for her school’s team.
The grant application process is now open. To learn more about how you can get involved, make a donation or to apply for a grant, visit www.rawl.net/katieskrops.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Pennsylvania Cooperative Potato Growers celebrate 100 years of cooperation
- 2022-11-25 Lineage Logistics officially opens fully automated Cool Port II
- 2022-11-25 AUSVEG welcomes new directors
- 2022-11-25 New management structure for Heemskerk fresh & easy
- 2022-11-24 Canadian growers invest $10,000 in St. John Ambulance
- 2022-11-24 AgroFresh transitions from publicly traded to private ownership
- 2022-11-24 Could your ugly Christmas sweater feature a pineapple?
- 2022-11-24 Cor van der Kaaij steps down from Lokal Harvest
- 2022-11-24 "Encouraging demand from hospitality, but retail is slowing"
- 2022-11-24 Japanese agri equipment leader invests in Israeli fresh produce quality control start-up
- 2022-11-23 "I love that I can add my expertise to VH's vertical packaging specialization"
- 2022-11-23 Driscoll's Russell Allwell discusses Berry Gardens acquisition
- 2022-11-23 Fyffes melon subsidiary wins social responsibility award in Honduras
- 2022-11-23 West Pak Avocado adds to sales team
- 2022-11-22 Oppy's John Anderson named to Business Laureates Hall of Fame
- 2022-11-22 Del Monte Foods finishes new Doha facility
- 2022-11-21 Paul Mastronardi honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2022-11-21 Monterey Mushrooms hires new western region sales director
- 2022-11-21 British Columbia and Saskatchewan companies partner in improving soil health
- 2022-11-21 France: Ombrea signs partnership with Banque des Territoires for 350 MW of agrivoltaic projects