- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
Sunkist citrus to join Stemilt’s Lil Snappers line
“We’re excited to announce that Sunkist oranges and mandarins are coming soon to the Lil Snappers line of kid-sized fruits. Sunkist is thrilled to be working with Stemilt to jointly market citrus, apples, and pears to kids,” said Julie DeWolf, Director of Retail Marketing at Sunkist Growers.
“Stemilt is equally excited about working with Sunkist to bring Lil Snappers to additional homes across the country,” said Roger Pepperl, Stemilt Marketing Director. “This partnership brings together two great companies working jointly to promote one great brand for kids.”
Stemilt introduced the Lil Snappers product line to the produce industry last fall. Lil Snappers are premium, kid-sized fruits packaged in three-pound bags. The bags are designed to stand up in retail displays and consumers’ refrigerators and have a convenient zipper for easy access and storage.
“Lil Snappers received an overwhelming amount of support in their launch year. Consumers rave about the quality and convenience of this product line. It’s important to both Sunkist and Stemilt that we build fruit lovers for the future, and including citrus - another popular item among kids - in the Lil Snappers line will help us do just that,” said Pepperl.
The two companies will feature the new Lil Snappers program at their booths at PMA Fresh Summit in Anaheim, CA this weekend. Stemilt (booth #2156) and Sunkist (booth #2138) will have several varieties of Lil Snappers on display, including Gala apples, Navel oranges, and d’Anjou pears. The new Navel orange Lil Snapper bag will be available for purchase through Sunkist in January 2013, with other citrus varieties such as the Cara Cara navel, Moro Blood orange, Minneola tangelo and California Mandarin coming soon after.
In addition to bringing Lil Snappers to the citrus category, Stemilt and Sunkist plan to introduce mixed-variety bags of Lil Snappers, such as Gala apples and Navel oranges, to get kids to try new varieties and flavors, with other exciting mixtures coming soon after.
“Kids like variety, especially when it comes to lunches or snacks,” said DeWolf. “With the mixed variety bag, they have a greater number of options each week. By making Lil Snappers available in many new varieties, we’re pleasing kids’ palates and helping parents meet their goal of providing a balanced diet full of valuable antioxidants and nutrients.”
Both companies will maintain sales of their own products under the Lil Snappers brand, with Stemilt handling apples and pears, and Sunkist handling oranges. The two companies will collaborate to market fruit to kids and create a level of cross-category promotions that hasn’t been seen in produce before.
In the coming months, Stemilt and Sunkist will launch a Lil Snappers website where visitors will be able to access kid-friendly recipes for apples, pears, and citrus, as well as activity sheets, nutrition information, and more. Stemilt and Sunkist will use the same QR code on Lil Snappers bags to promote a mobile version of the website that will provide a wealth of information in store at the touch of a button.
The partnership between Sunkist and Stemilt to extend the Lil Snappers product line delivers fun and healthy products that encourage kids to eat more servings of fruit each and every day.
“The concept of smaller fruit for kids, packaged under a kid-friendly label, was brilliant in and of itself,” said Elizabeth Pivonka, president of Produce for Better Health Foundation, the nonprofit entity in partnership with CDC behind the Fruits & Veggies—More Matters national public health initiative. “But then to extend the brand to other kid-size fruit to double its reach and the impact on moms and kids just takes it to another level. I applaud both Stemilt and Sunkist for providing wholesome solutions for moms.”
For more information:
Roger Pepperl Julie DeWolf
Stemilt Growers Sunkist Growers
Tel: +1 509 662-9667 x1212 Tel: +1 818 379-7567
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-01 Limoneira announces new vice president of field operations
- 2022-12-01 Nile’s futuristic vision is gaining traction in Southern Africa
- 2022-12-01 Australian Table Grape Association welcomes new board members
- 2022-11-30 DPD Netherlands acquires Cool Runnings Transport BV
- 2022-11-30 'Third quarter sales best in the history of the company'
- 2022-11-30 Joy Wing Mau Group and China Aerospace reach strategic cooperation
- 2022-11-30 Citrus, avocado and grape importer announces new warehouse expansion
- 2022-11-30 Avocado board program educates future board participants
- 2022-11-30 Murcian company with a workforce of almost 240 workers has filed for bankruptcy
- 2022-11-30 Zespri releases climate change adaption plan
- 2022-11-30 Hortifrut grows its quarterly income by 19% thanks to dynamic blueberry offer
- 2022-11-30 "Thanks to our laser cutting equipment, we are able to produce machine parts within a few hours"
- 2022-11-29 USDA files action against Texas company for alleged PACA violations
- 2022-11-29 Johannes Bliestle and Hans-Jörg Friedrich take over responsibility in BVEO and DRV committee work
- 2022-11-29 France: Carrefour speeds up same-day delivery in Paris region with the STEF group
- 2022-11-28 Food-tech venture Pluckk records $5 mln annualised revenue run rate in October
- 2022-11-28 NTB supports foreign large-scale retailers in their purchases in Italy
- 2022-11-28 Fruit importer happy to be back at Asia Fruit Logistica
- 2022-11-28 Very strong third-quarter financial results in a more challenging economic and geopolitical environment
- 2022-11-28 Dutch pallet company officially inaugurates new building