- UK & IRL Avocado Trader
- Managing Director, UK
- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
Top 5 -yesterday
- Smallest Washington apple crop in more than 20 years
- Mexico and Peru became top berry producers in just 10 years
- "There is a high demand for large oranges and good quality clementines”
- South African exports feeling the squeeze
- Late Lunar New Year offers opportunity to expose brand to a lot of potential new customers
Top 5 -last week
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- South African orange shipment reveals R75 million worth of cocaine
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- “Laser micro-perforated bags extend bananas' shelf life by three weeks”
- Blueberries will be the main focus at the next Macfrut
Top 5 -last month
Italian research continues to obtain basic knowledge on PSA
Following a collaboration between the Consiglio per la Ricerca e la Sperimentazione in Agricoltura (C.R.A.) -Unità di ricerca per la Frutticoltura di Caserta (Milena Petriccione, Ilaria Di Cecco, Marco Scortichini) and the Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (C.N.R.) - ISPAAM, Napoli (Simona Arena, Andrea Scaloni),an important study has been recently published in the outstanding Journal of Proteomics, which starts to elucidate the relationships between the pathogen and the host plant through the identification of proteins involved in the pathogenicity mechanisms and induced by PSA, 10 days after the systemic infection.
Instead of investigating model plants, the original approach takes into consideration directly the host plant (Actinidia chinensis) and the pandemic PSA strain currently causing worldwide severe economic losses to kiwifruit cultivation.
Among the proteins identified, there are those involved in the basic defence mechanisms, those related to the ROS system, some "heat shock" proteins and one protein of the bacterium membrane that could proove very useful for improving the rapid, early detection of the pathogen in the propagative material and orchards.
Click here to enlarge.
After the systemic infection, a general reprogramming of twig metabolism has been observed that promotes a relevant induction of proteins involved in carbohydrate and photosynthetic pathways. So, a rapid plant organ-specific response has been pointed out soon after the systemic invasion by the pathogen.
Centro di ricerca per la frutticoltura (Roma)
Via di Fioranello, 52
00134 - ROMA - Italy
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-08 Late Lunar New Year offers opportunity to expose brand to a lot of potential new customers
- 2022-12-08 Novel eating experiences from Israel’s Eden Gold pear, watermelon plum and plumegranate
- 2022-12-08 Only half of apple packs in major UK supermarkets are British
- 2022-12-08 'Grape imports from Peru became more important'
- 2022-12-08 Which state leads cranberry production?
- 2022-12-08 Mexico and Peru became top berry producers in just 10 years
- 2022-12-08 New hydrogel that delays fruit rot invented by Chilean researcher
- 2022-12-08 Watermelons harvest advanced due to rain in Bahia, Brazil
- 2022-12-08 "Varietal quality not yet aligned with optimal double production of raspberries"
- 2022-12-08 Moldova: Low stocks of export grapes in early 2023
- 2022-12-08 Limited crop of Winter Honeydew melons available early January
- 2022-12-08 Friday marks the first National Opal® Apples Day
- 2022-12-08 Stone fruit quality recovering after weather affected start to the season
- 2022-12-08 Smallest Washington apple crop in more than 20 years
- 2022-12-07 "Drought resulted in 40% less yield of Moldovan apples overall"
- 2022-12-07 Moroccan raspberries meet a flat demand
- 2022-12-07 Total volume of grapes in storage well down on last year
- 2022-12-07 Blueberry production progressing in Brazil
- 2022-12-07 “We’re looking at potential buyers in Asia and Africa”
- 2022-12-07 “In Greece, we face increases up to 110-120% in our electricity bills”