- Packing Supervisor
- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- El Niño will probably add to misery of SA farmers
- Avocado consumption reduces total cholesterol and Ldl C
- Criminal ‘food sellers’ are posing problems in South Africa
- "I am destroying my celery because they humiliate us offering just a few cents"
- Pomegranate grower gets off expensive chemical carousel
Nigeria continuing high volume tomato import
Peter Onwualu, director of Raw Materials Research and Development Council, said, "This trend may continue unless adequate domestic food processing and storage facilities that will meet the rising demands of such products in Nigeria are put in place," he said.
"Nigeria is the second largest producer of tomato in Africa, with total [acreage] at one million hectares, producing 1.7 million tonnes per year."
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-03 Northern Spain: Villages in La Rioja produce 77,000 tons of mushrooms each year
- 2023-02-03 Vegetable prices shoot up in Coimbatore
- 2023-02-03 How can young people be won over to chicory?
- 2023-02-03 Rapid increase in the prices of carrots on Ukrainian market
- 2023-02-03 Tough season for Belgian winter vegetables
- 2023-02-03 "Due to the cold snap, we had to end our Brussels sprouts season early"
- 2023-02-03 Carrot prices in Ukraine increase every day although price levels are already at record high
- 2023-02-03 First Dutch zucchini crop of the season: "Not only pretty but tasty too"
- 2023-02-03 Mushrooms emerge from the shadows in pesticide-free production push
- 2023-02-03 Chicory: "To reverse the downward [consumption] trend you must create awareness among young people"
- 2023-02-03 Organic purple pointed cabbage: a trendy vegetable that could be here to stay
- 2023-02-02 Malaysian Trade Ministry denies claims of 160% price hike for some vegetables
- 2023-02-02 More than 5,000 tons of tomatoes arrived in Russia from Turkmenistan since the start of '23
- 2023-02-02 A cherry tomato that tastes like summer even in winter
- 2023-02-02 “The damage would be much greater if these frosts had happened a month from now”
- 2023-02-02 Italian iceberg lettuce grower seeks new markets in Germany
- 2023-02-02 In 2022, the average price paid to Andalusian tomato producers was the highest of the last ten years
- 2023-02-02 NZ broccoli prices varying sharply as wet weather continues
- 2023-02-02 Kenya: Tomato prices increased sharply over the last month
- 2023-02-02 Smaller chicory yield expected in Belgium