- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
Increased production, new fruits and varieties, expanding markets
US Growing success for importer and marketer Pure Fresh
The Miami-based company reports significant increases in blackberry and French green bean production in Guatemala, the lifting of a seasonal ban on exporting berries from Guatemala to Canada, and expanding berry operations in Chile and Mexico.
Pure Fresh is the importing and marketing arm of Guatemala-based Planesa, a world-class, third-generation grower.
Expanding Production and Markets for Pure Fresh in Guatemala
Production in Guatemala increased 33% in 2012, and consumers in Canada will now be able to enjoy signature Pure Fresh blackberries year-round as a result of successful negotiations to lift the 20-year-old ban on berry exports from Guatemala between March 15 and Aug. 15, says Roberto Castaneda Sr., founder of Pure Fresh and Planesa.
“In addition, this year we have added another 30% of acreage for French green bean production under tunnels, which will greatly increase our volumes and quality during the Guatemalan season,” says Castaneda.
New Pure Fresh Farms in Mexico Fill Berry Production Gap in US, With Blackberries Arriving in November in Time for Holidays.
In further significant news for Pure Fresh and for fresh berry consumers in the US, Pure Fresh will be offering strawberries from Mexico which will fill production gaps in the US product. Pure Fresh blackberries from Mexico should be arriving in November in time for holiday promotions, as the Mexican blackberry season opened about twenty days earlier this year, says Castaneda.
Castaneda also reports that Planesa has added two new farms in Mexico this year.
Company Opens Planesa Chile to Extend Its Successful Pure Fresh Blueberry Program
Following the same vertically-integrated business model that has been so successful for Planesa and Pure Fresh in Guatemala and Mexico, the company opened Planesa Chile this year to extend its Pure Fresh blueberry operations, says Castaneda. Pure Fresh will distribute Planesa’s high-quality blueberries from Miami, FL, and Philadelphia, PA, under the distinctive Pure Fresh label in consumer-friendly, see-through clamshell packages.
For more information:
Tel: +1 972 636 1442
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-01 Limoneira announces new vice president of field operations
- 2022-12-01 Nile’s futuristic vision is gaining traction in Southern Africa
- 2022-12-01 Australian Table Grape Association welcomes new board members
- 2022-11-30 DPD Netherlands acquires Cool Runnings Transport BV
- 2022-11-30 'Third quarter sales best in the history of the company'
- 2022-11-30 Joy Wing Mau Group and China Aerospace reach strategic cooperation
- 2022-11-30 Citrus, avocado and grape importer announces new warehouse expansion
- 2022-11-30 Avocado board program educates future board participants
- 2022-11-30 Murcian company with a workforce of almost 240 workers has filed for bankruptcy
- 2022-11-30 Zespri releases climate change adaption plan
- 2022-11-30 Hortifrut grows its quarterly income by 19% thanks to dynamic blueberry offer
- 2022-11-30 "Thanks to our laser cutting equipment, we are able to produce machine parts within a few hours"
- 2022-11-29 USDA files action against Texas company for alleged PACA violations
- 2022-11-29 Johannes Bliestle and Hans-Jörg Friedrich take over responsibility in BVEO and DRV committee work
- 2022-11-29 France: Carrefour speeds up same-day delivery in Paris region with the STEF group
- 2022-11-28 Food-tech venture Pluckk records $5 mln annualised revenue run rate in October
- 2022-11-28 NTB supports foreign large-scale retailers in their purchases in Italy
- 2022-11-28 Fruit importer happy to be back at Asia Fruit Logistica
- 2022-11-28 Very strong third-quarter financial results in a more challenging economic and geopolitical environment
- 2022-11-28 Dutch pallet company officially inaugurates new building