- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
consumers have first app to learn about their produce
US: Greenscans Mobile Platform Debuts in supermarkets and consumer’s smartphones
This is the first app that displays all product information through one scan and can read all perishable barcodes, include the GS1 Databars, UPC, EAN and QR codes. All product information is provided by the grower, shipper or marketing company and can be updated at their frequency level. The goal was to develop an app that is business and consumer-friendly, providing what amounts to a custom mobile app for each PRODUCT by letting each business control their message. Fresh growers and marketers can now connect their existing digital content in a mobile environment delivering to the consumer while in the produce department, with a single scan.
If you have a unique produce item and would like to reach the consumer, sharing its distinct properties with them and the World, then the greenscans platform is for you! ” To view the app, download greenscans to your Apple or Android mobile device and scan the databar –
Greenscans has been working closely with growers/shippers and retailers to place product information in the app. Products that are scanned either produce or CPG products, that have not provided their information, will default to a generic Granny Smith apple display on the app, for demonstration purposes.
Greenscans is a North Carolina corporation that offers businesses the channel to distribute their story to today’s mobile, socially connected, knowledge-craving shopper. Through our Mobile Platform, we offer an affordable, efficient, transparent framework for authors to publish their story, through our greenscans Mobile App, utilizing your existing product barcodes. The GTIN barcodes printed on products today… Databar, UPC, or EAN, can now be the medium for empowering your customers.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-24 "Industry has growing needs for temperature and humidity data loggers"
- 2022-11-18 Indian farmers turn to technology to combat unpredictable weather
- 2022-11-17 "Digitization supports personal customer care"
- 2022-11-15 Indian farmers open e-Commerce startup with 10,000 producers as suppliers
- 2022-11-11 Tunisian technology at the service of fruit and vegetable producers in North and West Africa
- 2022-11-08 The new yield management platform saving apple and citrus growers time in the field
- 2022-11-03 University of Florida builds agri artificial intelligence hub
- 2022-11-03 Report claims that hackers could block major global trade routes
- 2022-10-26 New tech sizes 5000 apples, straight off the truck
- 2022-10-25 "Unfortunately, the potential of a well-functioning software system is still underestimated too often"
- 2022-10-21 Tingo Mobile signs trade agreement with All Farmers Association of Nigeria
- 2022-10-19 "We have launched a reuseable 4G wireless temperature and humidity location recorder with light sensors"
- 2022-10-19 Smart paper as sustainable alternative for data logger
- 2022-10-18 "This year, retailers will need an extra number of producing suppliers, and our platform is the ideal place to find them"
- 2022-10-14 NZ collaboration links consumer insights to the produce value chain
- 2022-10-11 Tools and technologies for monitoring global shipments
- 2022-10-03 Real-time in-transit visibility reduces losses in produce shipments
- 2022-09-29 Veiling Zaltbommel's digital auction to go online around Feb 2023
- 2022-09-28 Spain's leading crop sales portal updates its website including improvements suggested by users
- 2022-09-26 "The next step is to implement our process within wholesale as well"