- Packing Supervisor
- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
- Produce update from West Mexico
- Heavy rain may lead to early stop to avocado exports, kiwifruit should escape major damage
- “Harvesting gloves represent an evolution in the collection of berries and other small fruits”
- Table grape operations resume in Ica, Peru after 12 days of stoppages
- Tight supply, high price on strawberry market
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- El Niño will probably add to misery of SA farmers
- Avocado consumption reduces total cholesterol and Ldl C
- Criminal ‘food sellers’ are posing problems in South Africa
- "I am destroying my celery because they humiliate us offering just a few cents"
- Pomegranate grower gets off expensive chemical carousel
Italy: Production of Abate Fetel pear down 45%
The drop in production by 45% recorded for the Abate Fetel, which represents more than 80% in the Emilia-Romagna region, is attributable in particular, to the drought during the growth period of the fruit which led to lower gauges and, consequently, a significant reduction of the overall supply.
Already during the forecast, a production well below the record year 2011 was estimated; an update of estimates brings production to 45% less than last year and very close to 2010's levels, the year remembered by all as among the most "scarce" of the decade.
On the other hand a good quality is recorded in the fruits, both from the appearance and taste perspectives.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-02 New apple season-opener is “extremely interesting”
- 2023-02-02 Report shows Ambrosia tops in apple sales growth
- 2023-02-02 Watermelon board to present study findings in economic evaluation presentation
- 2023-02-02 Prices strengthening on Mexican raspberries
- 2023-02-02 European apple stocks in January were 6% lower than 2022
- 2023-02-02 Tasmanian grown cherries marketing campaign runs again in Taiwan
- 2023-02-02 EU eases melon rules for Honduras
- 2023-02-02 “We offer both a direct B2B marketplace and a free source of knowledge for farmers”
- 2023-02-02 India: Federal budget disappoints apple growers Himachal Pradesh
- 2023-02-02 "We would be happy if our trucks are only at the Turkish-Bulgarian border for one day"
- 2023-02-02 Subdued demand for organic pears from overseas
- 2023-02-02 Apple varieties from an innovative breeding programme
- 2023-02-02 "The Piqaboo pear's main attraction is its high price in Asia"
- 2023-02-02 “Almeria's yellow melon production is decreasing”
- 2023-02-02 Climate-resilient strawberry variety launched
- 2023-02-01 Himachal growers want apple MSP and subsidy on fertilizers on par with J&K
- 2023-02-01 “The little delays that containers and vessels have, won’t affect the fruit quality”
- 2023-02-01 Serbian Olympic basketball captain becomes berry farmer
- 2023-02-01 Chilean cherry volume up 58 percent over last year
- 2023-02-01 Table grape operations resume in Ica, Peru after 12 days of stoppages