- Packing Supervisor
- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
- Produce update from West Mexico
- Heavy rain may lead to early stop to avocado exports, kiwifruit should escape major damage
- “Harvesting gloves represent an evolution in the collection of berries and other small fruits”
- Table grape operations resume in Ica, Peru after 12 days of stoppages
- Tight supply, high price on strawberry market
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- El Niño will probably add to misery of SA farmers
- Avocado consumption reduces total cholesterol and Ldl C
- Criminal ‘food sellers’ are posing problems in South Africa
- "I am destroying my celery because they humiliate us offering just a few cents"
- Pomegranate grower gets off expensive chemical carousel
European Potato Processors Association elects new board
The EUPPA member companies actively process potatoes in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland and the United Kingdom. To achieve a better representation and optimise its work a new collaboration has now been established between national associations and individual companies. Also a new, permanent, secretary general, has been elected (in the past the secretariat was run by a national secretary general on a rotation system.)
Romain Cools, the current secretary general of EUPPA will be succeeded as from 1 January 2013 onwards by Adriana Nosewicz from AGEP Association Management were she has represented a number of associations including the European non-alcoholic beverages association, UNESDA and AIPCE, the European Fish Processors Association.
Adriana will support the newly elected EUPPA board comprising Kees Meijer (president), Ernst Rainer Schnetkamp (vice president), Antoon Wallays (treasurer) Nicola Pizzoli, Christophe Rigo and Richard Harris. The new board provides a balanced representation of the major producing countries as well multinational and SME companies.
Potato processing began in Europe around 1960 and the sector has grown rapidly over the past decades. Some 130 processors, comprising both SMEs and international companies, process approximately 13 million tons of potatoes into frozen and chilled french fries, croquettes, crisps, flakes, granules and other potato specialities. The sector turned over a total of 5,2 billion Euro in 2011-2012.
Recent growth in the sector has been largely driven by an increasing global demand from clients in South America, Asia, Oceania and Africa. In meeting this demand the European potato processors also create added value for the EU the complete potato supply chain.
EUPPA has increased its activities significantly over the past few years as illustrated by the recent development of a web-based tool for healthy frying and by the EUPPA dossier on carbon leakage. The association plans to also take a more active approach in other areas including food legislation, trade issues and the balance of relations in the food chain.
The newly invigorated EUPPA will present itself at an event scheduled in Brussels on Thursday 16 May 2013.
For more information:
Tel: +32 2 743 8743
www.euppa.eu or www.goodfries.eu
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-02 Two importers face large-scale agricultural smuggling charges
- 2023-02-02 P2.6 billions worth of onions sold directly to Filipino buyers, bypassing middlemen
- 2023-02-02 Potato retail sales on the rise: dollar sales increase 17.2% in Q4 2022
- 2023-02-02 China allowed truck entry on a border with Tajikistan
- 2023-02-02 'Demand for onions has been slightly off the norm for the last couple of weeks'
- 2023-02-02 A better choice! fruit and veg shops reporting a steady supply of potatoes
- 2023-02-02 Ireland: Demand for peeling stocks remains positive and potato prices remain firm
- 2023-02-02 “We recently completed successful trials of the Bellevue and Orleans varieties”
- 2023-02-02 Cyprus: Ministry of Agriculture to register red potato with EU
- 2023-02-01 Sweet potatoes elevated for American Heart Month
- 2023-02-01 UK funds Irish and sweet potato processing factory in Elgeyo County, Kenya
- 2023-02-01 "Due to flooding in New Zealand, volume availability may become problematic from April"
- 2023-02-01 Onion production remains a solid industry in Senegal
- 2023-02-01 South African potato industry value chain is under attack
- 2023-02-01 Kyrgyzstan also banned onion exports – bad news for Uzbekistan?
- 2023-01-31 For two seasons, Spain has been exporting potatoes to France to make snack chips "because of their quality"
- 2023-01-31 Potato consumption in French households increases by 1.5%
- 2023-01-31 North Carolina Sweetpotato Commission appoints Liquid PR to support global expansion
- 2023-01-31 Zimbabwean government distributes 450,000 sweet potato vines
- 2023-01-31 "People are still holding out for better prices, which is reflected in a lower willingness to sell"