- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
Focus on red potatoes
Black Gold Farms launches Better with Reds
The “Better With Reds” campaign features a variety of customized retail tools including in-store point-of-sale materials, a consumer-based micro site, and other consumer specific value-adds that highlight the versatility, flavor profile and nutritional benefits of red potatoes. In addition, Black Gold Farms plans to use social media with a key emphasis on food bloggers to support the campaign. “We want to entice the consumers and provide them with the information necessary at the point-of-purchase with a variety of easy recipes and prep tips, as well as making that connection with where their foods is grown” stated Leah Brakke, Marketing Specialist.
This retail focused campaign is the third phase of an overarching campaign that included a summer, locally grown campaign and followed with the launch of new high-graphic potato packaging. The new packaging is modern in design and features bold messaging of product attributes along with telling the story of Black Gold Farms, a 4th generation family farm. “The success and feedback of our locally grown program from both consumers and retailers was very positive. We are now more convinced than ever that consumer’s want to know where their food comes from and once they hear the Black Gold Farms story, and the benefits of red potatoes, we believe consumers will find exceptional value in our product,” stated Glen Reynolds, National Director of Produce Sales. Reynolds continued, “Our extensive farming and distribution network, as well as our role as a year-round supplier of red potatoes gives us a unique advantage to serve retailers who are looking for a consistent, high quality potato from a dependable growing source.”
Black Gold Farms is currently in the process of working with various retailers and cross merchandising partners to roll out the Better With Reds program during the next three months. Additional opportunities exist for retailers to work with Black Gold Farms to customize the promotion for their stores and feature additional grower messaging on pack using QR codes that link to a series of informative videos showcasing the Black Gold Farms story with employees, farms and local communities. The campaign is expected to run through the first quarter of 2013.
For more information:
Black Gold Farms
Tel: +1 701 402 2844
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-01 "You have to pay attention"
- 2022-12-01 Shortage of onions in the Philippines
- 2022-12-01 “We are running along reasonably, but I expect yields to be reduced due to the cooler, wet weather"
- 2022-12-01 'Demand for Washington onions is good this week'
- 2022-12-01 Pakistan has become the main supplier of potatoes to the Uzbek market
- 2022-12-01 Over 50 countries represented at Interpom 2022
- 2022-11-30 Nigeria: Growers harvest first batch of biotech-potatoes
- 2022-11-30 Retail price of red onions in Metro Manila surge to P300 a kilo
- 2022-11-30 "Potatoes are becoming popular again"
- 2022-11-29 PepsiCo Alimentos Venezuela launches program to train potato growers in the region
- 2022-11-29 Potato production in Kazakhstan increased by almost 12% in 2022
- 2022-11-29 “The current economic context keeps the onion market balanced in spite of the drop in production”
- 2022-11-28 NZ program aims to provide potato and vegetable growers with nitrogen management tool
- 2022-11-28 Leaders honored at Prince Edward Island Potato Board banquet
- 2022-11-28 "Challenge to translate rising Dutch onion purchase price into exports"
- 2022-11-28 “Europe and Asia are down 15-20% on volume, so we expect good demand for NZ onions"
- 2022-11-28 Georgia starts importing potatoes as local stocks are running out
- 2022-11-28 Vietnamese sweet potatoes enter Chinese market via official channels
- 2022-11-28 Maharashtra onion farmers to protest next week unless government increases prices
- 2022-11-28 UK: Defra raises seed potato derogation granted to Canada with EU