- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
Global Cooling speed up chilling process
"We introduced the product line early in 2011," explained Global Cooling's CVO, Jim "Banana Jim" Still, "in response to a near void of effective and affordable precooling equipment in the market. Every month, we add more and more happy customers."
The Jet Precoolers are being used to preserve freshness with the whole spectrum of fresh fruit and vegetables, including berries, avocado, watermelon, tomato, asparagus, peaches, apples, cauliflower, snow peas, yogurt and other items.
"Because of this wide expanse of experience we have accumulated," Still said, "we realized that each customer has unique needs, and that it would be a greater benefit if we offered fan motor and propeller combinations, optimized for different commodities and packages."
The Jet Precooler is now available in two models, Standard and Heavy-Duty (HD), and then further customizable by choice of high or standard-static pressure capabilities. The standard has two 7.5 HP fan motors, and the HD has two 10 HP motors. All fan motors are super-premium efficiency, and are inverter-duty rated.
The Jet Precooler family kit includes (2) high volume high pressure suction fans, with premium efficiency motors. "We also include our tarps and foam pads, as well as a motor speed controller (variable frequency drive, rated Nema-4x/IP65) and air pressure gage, so that the operator can rest assured of a complete system that works well together," says Still.
Upon delivery, the farm or packhouse uses local labor to assemble everything, with Global providing drawings and details for guidance, thereby saving double markups on equipment supply, and contractors' priced labor.
The Jet Precooler is placed in an existing cold room, which has enough cooling capacity and airflow to work with the Jet unit, and pull field or packhouse heat out of 8 to 10 pallets at a time. The Jet airflow typically will reduce the produce temperature to within 4 to 5 degrees Fahrenheit of the room temperature.
There are what the company calls "big brothers" of the Jet Precooler, including the Jet-Plus, the KD Precooler, and the Turbo Precooler too.
"We will soon announce another level of options and benefits for our product lines," said Still. "We are just about ready with offering a stainless steel stand kit, and also with a countdown timer to automatically turn off the Precooler at the end of a preset time period, and signal the operator to come empty it, and also with a touchscreen thermostat for cooling and chill-stat control."
For more information:
Global Cooling Inc.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-01 "Heat-energy recovery paired with interpolating control software is unique in the world"
- 2022-11-30 Food safety tech firm starts shipping new pathogen-killing product
- 2022-11-25 Presentation of updated potato parting machine at Interpom
- 2022-11-25 Agri robotics to take flight in South Africa
- 2022-11-23 New belt system for the potato and vegetable industry
- 2022-11-23 Agribots are coming!
- 2022-11-22 Key Technology takes sorting systems to Interpom
- 2022-11-22 'Robotic match made in heaven' at Interpom
- 2022-11-21 Tray packing and weighing line for delicate vegetables
- 2022-11-21 "PEF enables gentle processing without loss of quality and with lower water and energy use"
- 2022-11-18 DT Dijkstra delivered a grading and inspection line with box fillers in New Zealand
- 2022-11-18 "Automating the packaging process saves time and money"
- 2022-11-18 "Fewer peeling losses, better space utilization and decreased manpower"
- 2022-11-17 AV550 by GNA: "Fast, versatile and easy to use"
- 2022-11-16 A harvesting machine that adapts to various types of vegetables
- 2022-11-15 New ultrasonic sealer
- 2022-11-14 FAM, Stumabo and Kiremko start global partnership
- 2022-11-11 Asparagus harvesting machine taking care of back-breaking harvesting coming in 2023
- 2022-11-11 Aweta: "Performance" and "Simplicity" to respond to the shortage of labor
- 2022-11-11 "Process automation facilitates the reduction of production costs in citrus warehouses"