- Packing Supervisor
- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- El Niño will probably add to misery of SA farmers
- Avocado consumption reduces total cholesterol and Ldl C
- Criminal ‘food sellers’ are posing problems in South Africa
- "I am destroying my celery because they humiliate us offering just a few cents"
- Pomegranate grower gets off expensive chemical carousel
Canada: Sobeys completes World’s Largest Potato Display
The display consists of 10 pound paper bags of PEI potatoes supplied by Prince Edward Island potato growers, including WP Griffin Inc. in Elmsdale and Jewell’s of PEI Inc. in York. This record-setting display also kicks off a five day sale on potatoes at this location, ahead of the Thanksgiving long weekend.
To celebrate, Sobeys hosted a barbeque on Wednesday, October 3rd from 4 to 6 pm and on Thursday, October 4th from 11 am to 2 pm. Proceeds from the barbeque went to the Canadian Potato Museum in O’Leary, PEI. As well, WP Griffin Inc. provided baked potatoes from their portable potato baking machine. Also on hand was “Tate,” the PEI Potatoes mascot and “Bud the Spud,” the mascot for WP Griffin Inc.
Proudly Canadian, with headquarters in Stellarton, Nova Scotia, Sobeys has been serving the food shopping needs of Canadians for 105 years. Sobeys and its franchise affiliates employ more than 95,000 people. The company’s goal is to be widely recognized as the best food retailer and workplace environment in Canada.
Prince Edward Island Potatoes are world renowned for the great taste and quality that comes from growing in the unique red soil of PEI. The potato industry in PEI creates a total economic impact of $1.065 billion dollars and directly or indirectly employs over 12% of the Island workforce.
The Prince Edward Island Potato Board is a producer-controlled association dedicated to supporting the highest performance of the PEI potato industry.
For more information:
PEI Potato Board
Tel: +1 902 892-6551
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-03 "We're increasing our focus on delivering a scalable operating model to lower our costs"
- 2023-02-03 PPC Flexible Packaging acquires Stepac, Mapfresh Holdings
- 2023-02-03 With the right technologies, the electricity bill can be 30% cheaper
- 2023-02-03 Plenty receives $20 million funding for R&D center from State of Wyoming
- 2023-02-03 Linton Growing joins Driscoll’s nursery network
- 2023-02-02 Bayer and Kimitec join forces to bring the next generation of Biologicals to millions of growers worldwide
- 2023-02-02 Mexico: Rising Farms boosts capacity fivefold
- 2023-02-02 Nonprofit launches 10th location in San Antonio, Texas
- 2023-02-02 Exp. Group shares plans to expand into Europe
- 2023-02-02 New sales manager for Family Tree Farms
- 2023-02-02 G&R Farms promotes from within
- 2023-02-02 Jan Oskam sells one site to property developer, from 2024, second site will be central location
- 2023-02-02 "New processing site gives us plenty of room to grow"
- 2023-02-02 Koeltrans celebrates its 12 and a half year anniversary
- 2023-02-02 "The acquisition of Rüther means we can now offer the full range of Freshcut articles"
- 2023-02-01 IMG Citrus expands team to boost year-round citrus strategy
- 2023-02-01 $10 million capital investment for packaging manufacturer
- 2023-02-01 Sormac launches office to serve the UK and Ireland
- 2023-02-01 Denkers Air B.V. takes to the sky
- 2023-02-01 Coop celebrates 30 years of Naturaplan