- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
Sysco acquires food service division of Keelings’ Group
Reporting through Pallas Foods, the business will retain its existing brand identity and management team. All employees will remain with the business.
The wider Keelings Group, headquartered in North County Dublin, has operations in Ireland, the UK, Europe and Asia. Keelings is a fresh produce specialist and is the largest grower of fruit in Ireland. The Keelings Group will continue to operate its retail, market, international and solutions divisions.
Tim Geary, Chairman of Pallas Foods, said: "Keelings' food services' business is a strong entity with excellent people, produce and customer relationships. This investment provides us additional strategic opportunities in Ireland and offers our existing customers, and those of Keelings, a wider and broader choice. We look forward to working with Keelings and positioning this investment for further growth in the years ahead."
Joseph Keeling, CEO and Chairman of Keelings Group, said: "This is a good transaction all round for both Keelings Group and Sysco, but more importantly, it is a good transaction for our growing customer base across the island of Ireland and our highly committed and skilled workforce. The transaction provides the business with a number of benefits, particularly access to Sysco's scale and expertise. Working with its new owners, Keelings' food services division looks forward to continuing to improve our service to our customers."
Sysco is a global name in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the food-service and hospitality industries. The company operates 185 distribution facilities serving over 400,000 customers.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Pennsylvania Cooperative Potato Growers celebrate 100 years of cooperation
- 2022-11-25 Lineage Logistics officially opens fully automated Cool Port II
- 2022-11-25 AUSVEG welcomes new directors
- 2022-11-25 New management structure for Heemskerk fresh & easy
- 2022-11-24 Canadian growers invest $10,000 in St. John Ambulance
- 2022-11-24 AgroFresh transitions from publicly traded to private ownership
- 2022-11-24 Could your ugly Christmas sweater feature a pineapple?
- 2022-11-24 Cor van der Kaaij steps down from Lokal Harvest
- 2022-11-24 "Encouraging demand from hospitality, but retail is slowing"
- 2022-11-24 Japanese agri equipment leader invests in Israeli fresh produce quality control start-up
- 2022-11-23 "I love that I can add my expertise to VH's vertical packaging specialization"
- 2022-11-23 Driscoll's Russell Allwell discusses Berry Gardens acquisition
- 2022-11-23 Fyffes melon subsidiary wins social responsibility award in Honduras
- 2022-11-23 West Pak Avocado adds to sales team
- 2022-11-22 Oppy's John Anderson named to Business Laureates Hall of Fame
- 2022-11-22 Del Monte Foods finishes new Doha facility
- 2022-11-21 Paul Mastronardi honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2022-11-21 Monterey Mushrooms hires new western region sales director
- 2022-11-21 British Columbia and Saskatchewan companies partner in improving soil health
- 2022-11-21 France: Ombrea signs partnership with Banque des Territoires for 350 MW of agrivoltaic projects