- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- UK & IRL Avocado Trader
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- South African orange shipment reveals R75 million worth of cocaine
- “Laser micro-perforated bags extend bananas' shelf life by three weeks”
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- Blueberries will be the main focus at the next Macfrut
Top 5 -last month
NZ: Asparagus crop gets back on track
Asparagus picking usually starts in mid-September and runs through until Christmas.
Asparagus Council chair Geoff Lewis says the harvest initially appeared to be running two weeks earlier than normal, with some picking already having started, but the weather then made a turn for the worse.
"We got quite a cold snap ... it took us about 10 days to recover from that," Mr Lewis says.
He also manages Tendertips Asparagus in the Horowhenua and says it lost about 20 tonnes of this year's crop.
"We're harvesting daily now. The first promotions of the season from some of the supermarket chains are coming underway next week. The quality we're harvesting now is very good - it's beautiful".
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-06 "We expect a lower supply of vegetables than usual in December"
- 2022-12-06 Mild UK autumn leads to potato and green vegetable glut, fears of later shortages
- 2022-12-06 High prices of vegetables drives away consumers in Trinidad and Tobago
- 2022-12-06 “It is our goal to make organic Fair Trade ginger more widely available”
- 2022-12-06 Low prices for Argentine garlic from Mendoza
- 2022-12-06 Proexport promotes the opening of the US market for Murcian vegetables
- 2022-12-06 "Dutch carrot trade still dead-quiet"
- 2022-12-06 Significantly more onions and cabbage harvested, record low spinach harvest
- 2022-12-06 "Our regional chicory has become well established in NRW, certainly as a summer item"
- 2022-12-06 "The arrival of the cold weather is greatly improving the quality of the artichoke and the volumes are recovering"
- 2022-12-05 Florida hot pepper program increases focus on Jalapenos
- 2022-12-05 Tomato producers in India abandon crops due to low prices
- 2022-12-05 "I make 8 cents per broccoli, which I don't think is outrageous in the present circumstances"
- 2022-12-05 “Our new range of field tomatoes resistant to mildew will help us lower production costs”
- 2022-12-05 France: Good demand for leafy vegetables
- 2022-12-05 "It is important to have a strong and reliable supply chain system"
- 2022-12-05 China's big vegetable production area works on securing supply
- 2022-12-02 Panettone made with red onions from Tropea
- 2022-12-02 “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022-12-02 Kilometro Verde - a whole new fresh-cut salad