- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- UK & IRL Avocado Trader
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- South African orange shipment reveals R75 million worth of cocaine
- “Laser micro-perforated bags extend bananas' shelf life by three weeks”
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- Blueberries will be the main focus at the next Macfrut
Top 5 -last month
Chile leading exporter of cherry and dried plums to China
According to information provided by ProChile, during 2011, 75% of China's cherry imports were supplied by Chile. The country was also China's main provider of dried plums, with 72% of the total imported by this Asian nation.
Chile also led the supply of table grapes, with 58%, and apples, with 54% of the total. This way, China gradually takes over from the US as main destination market for Chilean fruit, and in the case of cherries, they have already become their main destination.
Overall, bilateral trade between Chile and China has increased from 24.7 billion dollars in 2010 to 29bn in 2011, according to Chinese statistics. During the first semester of 2012, trade between China and Chile has increased by 14.8%, reaching a value of 14.7bn.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-06 "If we get this situation again in another year, many growers will stop planting raspberries for the fall"
- 2022-12-06 Import cherry arrivals expected later this month
- 2022-12-06 "The weather has gotten warmer, which has put us on track to supply some great fruit for the summer season"
- 2022-12-06 Slow start to Australian cherry season, good volumes to come
- 2022-12-06 Peruvian blueberry exports to the United States increased by 30% in 2022
- 2022-12-06 The area devoted to raspberries in Huelva decreased by 7.5%
- 2022-12-06 Fyllo and Orchardly work together to help apple producers
- 2022-12-06 November exports of Moldovan apples are the lowest in five years
- 2022-12-06 Uzbekistan exported a record volume of table grapes in 2022
- 2022-12-06 “Far fewer grapes from Brazil, Peru mean good European market prices"
- 2022-12-06 "Supplying a market ‘hungry’ for cherries while finding new markets is a challenge"
- 2022-12-06 The blueberry industry prepares to meet at the International Blueberries 2023 Seminars
- 2022-12-06 Hi-tech New Zealand strawberries on the horizon
- 2022-12-06 UK: Conference pears and tomatoes see wholesale price increase this week
- 2022-12-05 Peru exports fruit worth $5.3 million to Saudi Arabia
- 2022-12-05 Will the Haskap berry be a buzzword in 2023?
- 2022-12-05 The Marimbella strawberry has seen an exponential growth after 2020
- 2022-12-05 This Dutch company has exclusive sales rights for Lola apples
- 2022-12-05 Now new imported soft fruit packaging line
- 2022-12-05 Seminar of the PDO Peaches and Apricots of France: “We will have to adapt to the distributors’ demands”