- Packing Supervisor
- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
- Dole plc announces sale of its Fresh Vegetables Division to Chiquita
- The Victorian stone fruit grower selling main orchard to focus on other 'exciting' opportunities
- SA grape farmers face more challenges amid rolling blackouts
- Polish importer makes tomato investments in Romania
- California avocado production forecast for 2023
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- El Niño will probably add to misery of SA farmers
- Avocado consumption reduces total cholesterol and Ldl C
- Criminal ‘food sellers’ are posing problems in South Africa
- "I am destroying my celery because they humiliate us offering just a few cents"
- Pomegranate grower gets off expensive chemical carousel
AU: Cheap imports hitting dried fruit producers
Sunbeam, which owns the well known Angas Park brand, says the high US dollar and cheaper overseas imports have made things difficult.
General manager of food supply, Chris Ellis, says the local market makes it too expensive for domestic dried tree fruit to compete.
"Volume and quality have been, I suppose, not as high as we hoped and that's tested us there," he said.
"Then of course you've had the impost of customers seeking supply from imported fruit, so it's fair to say that there are some very testing times."
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-31 "The size and quality of the goods will certainly be affected"
- 2023-01-31 California walnut retail promotions ramp up in 2023
- 2023-01-31 Canadian investment company PSP signs record deal for Bundaberg macadamia orchards
- 2023-01-30 Select Harvests states almond crop quality is 'worst in 10 years'
- 2023-01-30 Kenyan macadamia growers warned to brace for low prices
- 2023-01-27 Mexico offers potential to grow date industry
- 2023-01-27 Ariston seeks to grow export volumes earnings
- 2023-01-24 NAADS: Renewed focus on money-making Hass avocado and macadamia
- 2023-01-23 Namibian fruits and nuts - annual export bill at N$1,4 billion
- 2023-01-20 Tough times for the almond industry - Have US growers overplanted?
- 2023-01-20 December almond shipments surpass industry expectations
- 2023-01-20 Ramadan coincides with the cold season, both factors increase the consumption of dates
- 2023-01-19 "The price of organic almonds is down 2 €/kg and I dare not say if the decline has come to an end"
- 2023-01-19 Ugandan growers want government to increase knowledge on avocado and macadamia cultivation
- 2023-01-19 Joey Chestnut chases pistachio-eating world record
- 2023-01-18 New access for Australian roasted macadamia nuts granted by US
- 2023-01-18 Cevennes chestnut has been given EU protected status
- 2023-01-17 Twenty-two tons of walnuts were not allowed into the Orenburg region
- 2023-01-17 Medjool dates named one of top food trends for 2023
- 2023-01-12 Uzbekistan can become a major supplier of dried and fresh fruits