- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- UK & IRL Avocado Trader
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- South African orange shipment reveals R75 million worth of cocaine
- “Laser micro-perforated bags extend bananas' shelf life by three weeks”
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- Blueberries will be the main focus at the next Macfrut
Top 5 -last month
Kenya: Putting the cash back into cashews
Under a project involving the government, research scientists, processors and producers, aging trees will be replaced, farmers educated, credit made more available and market access improved.
The Nut Processors Association of Kenya projects cashew output could quadruple from the current 10,000 tons a year by 2015.
Partners in the initiative include the Ministry of Agriculture, the Kenya Agricultural Research Institute, the Africa Cashew Alliance and the Cashew Growers Association.
The scheme involves distributing 180,000 seedlings every year for the next five years, training producers to better manage their harvested nuts, and forming farmers’ associations to facilitate better access to credit for inputs.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-05 The price for high-quality inshell walnuts on the Moldovan market is to increase in the short term
- 2022-12-02 Vietnam: Cashew prices up slightly as demand improves
- 2022-12-02 “As far as I can recall, this is the most complicated chestnut campaign ever”
- 2022-12-01 California almond acreage drops in 2022
- 2022-12-01 Georgian nut growers plan to increase hazelnut production to 100 000 tonnes by 2025
- 2022-11-30 Australia: Macadamia growers produce higher than anticipated crop
- 2022-11-30 More flooding expected in Orange River region
- 2022-11-30 Europe continues to import Iranian pistachios despite sanctions
- 2022-11-29 Turkish hazelnut prices have changed after the lawsuit against Ferrero started
- 2022-11-29 The export volume of large-sized chestnuts has been greatly reduced
- 2022-11-28 France: "This year’s walnut campaign faces several challenges”
- 2022-11-28 Exports of hazelnuts from Turkey in 2022 are to exceed last year's exports by 65,000 tons
- 2022-11-25 Almond producer Select Harvests to face another challenging year
- 2022-11-23 "Pistachio cultivation in Spain has become a business for investment funds"
- 2022-11-23 “20% of nut orchards in Ukraine will be organic by 2030”
- 2022-11-22 Pecan prices slide in Europe as supply is abundant and demand is soft
- 2022-11-22 Global trade in nuts in 2021 reached $32 billion
- 2022-11-21 "Out is out and loose is loose"
- 2022-11-21 Europe is the top destination of Iranian pistachio exports
- 2022-11-18 Chestnut export prices are up about 15% compared to last year