- Ein- und Verkäufer Obst
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Chinese shiitake grower opens production in Poland and Spain
- Supply gaps imminent for California spring vegetables following record rains
- "This next step opens the door for the apple variety to be grown in other countries and sold under the Soluna™ brand"
- South African onions increasingly important to the UK & Europe
- "Australia's grape exports start strong in Asia"
Top 5 - last week
- “We hoped to harvest more than 400 tons of early potatoes, but I'll be surprised if we get to harvest 150 tons”
- "We produce 70 tons of mushrooms per day"
- Eastern buyers prefer the taste of South African Grannies
- Israeli farmer grows world's heaviest lemon
- Berg River grape farm forgoes a packhouse for field packing
Top 5 - last month
- Tropical cyclone Freddy brings heavy rains in parts of South Africa
- "Consumers will happily pay two euros for a Mars bar or can of Coke but not for their veg”
- "I spent 10 years as a worker, now I manage 120 hectares of citrus fruit, stone fruit and strawberries"
- PM Hipkins learns that most Hawke’s Bay crops were uninsured
- Supermarkets limiting sales of veg per customer
Egypt: Renewable energy proves a winner for pumpkin grower
"One of our main and most successful core crops is the pumpkin. Using renewable energy won’t just save money it will make our products much better positioned with our trading partners," explains Mr Soliman, General Manager at the company. "This will allow us, as producers, to present a premium to environmentally concerned consumers. Aside from trimming down that electric bill, solar power allows farm lands to be much more eco-friendly."
Pumpkins are becoming a fast-growing crop for export
"Our pumpkin range is high in quality and nutrients. It goes through numerous inspection stages, the pumpkin must meet crucial parameters such as freshness, purity, taste, maturity, and extended shelf life."
Oriental Trade Co is developing different types of pumpkins
• Muscat de provence pumpkin; their natural season runs from week 5 up to week 23.
• Hokkaido Pumpkin; their natural season runs from week 5 up to week 23.
• Butternut Squash; their natural season runs from week 5 up to week 23.
"We are able to grow any new varieties needed by customers / market. The art of growing pumpkins is a challenge for Oriental, we are using all the latest growing trends, which is why we are recognized for our high quality standards," says Mr Soliman.
Oriental Trade Co.
Mob : +20 10 1050 3491
Author: Nichola McGregor
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-21 Tomatoes and lettuces for regional wholesale
- 2023-03-21 We assume that asparagus will be available around Easter
- 2023-03-21 Chinese shiitake grower opens production in Poland and Spain
- 2023-03-21 Reconciliation between Iran and Saudi Arabia is good news for Iranian tomato producers
- 2023-03-21 Spanish products didn't interfer with the commercialization of Sicilian vegetables
- 2023-03-21 "Importing tomatoes from Burkina Faso, a country with the worst climate and insurgency, is an embarrassment"
- 2023-03-21 20% drop in carrot exports in 2022
- 2023-03-21 "Wholesale prices for radish bunches are within a reasonable range"
- 2023-03-21 Poland still imports vegetables from Russia
- 2023-03-20 Vegetable breeder highlights springtime Arugula varieties
- 2023-03-20 “With such price levels and sales, we are experiencing an exceptional but necessary situation”
- 2023-03-20 First Dutch chilies come early again this year
- 2023-03-20 Low volumes and high prices for rhubarb from the Netherlands
- 2023-03-17 How tomatoes are doing on international markets
- 2023-03-17 Garlic Solutions' new fresh catering products in range at Van Gelder groente & fruit
- 2023-03-17 Larger cultivated areas and harvesting from mid-May
- 2023-03-17 What role do weeds play in the transmission of ToBRFV?
- 2023-03-17 Tenderstem® sees strong results on the ‘Emerald Isle'
- 2023-03-17 “We are already noticing an increased demand for Egyptian potatoes in the market this year”
- 2023-03-17 "We've launched the only solution to improve the shelf life of peppers in the market"