- Ein- und Verkäufer Obst
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Chinese shiitake grower opens production in Poland and Spain
- Supply gaps imminent for California spring vegetables following record rains
- "This next step opens the door for the apple variety to be grown in other countries and sold under the Soluna™ brand"
- South African onions increasingly important to the UK & Europe
- "Australia's grape exports start strong in Asia"
Top 5 - last week
- “We hoped to harvest more than 400 tons of early potatoes, but I'll be surprised if we get to harvest 150 tons”
- "We produce 70 tons of mushrooms per day"
- Eastern buyers prefer the taste of South African Grannies
- Israeli farmer grows world's heaviest lemon
- Berg River grape farm forgoes a packhouse for field packing
Top 5 - last month
- Tropical cyclone Freddy brings heavy rains in parts of South Africa
- "Consumers will happily pay two euros for a Mars bar or can of Coke but not for their veg”
- "I spent 10 years as a worker, now I manage 120 hectares of citrus fruit, stone fruit and strawberries"
- PM Hipkins learns that most Hawke’s Bay crops were uninsured
- Supermarkets limiting sales of veg per customer
Warning against artificially high and unsustainable price levels
"Far East "screaming" for navels from South Africa"
Author: Carolize Jansen
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-21 Michoacan's lime production has increased in 2023
- 2023-03-21 Hort Innovation: $1M investment to find new citrus varieties
- 2023-03-21 "Qualitatively speaking, this year's Orri campaign was better than last year's"
- 2023-03-21 Difficult campaign for the Tarocco orange
- 2023-03-21 In Morocco, rainfall comes just in time to improve the caliber of late citrus fruits
- 2023-03-21 The seasonal satsuma bottleneck
- 2023-03-21 Peru’s citrus harvest not affected by heavy rain and floods
- 2023-03-20 Fruttela wants to export citrus from Egypt to Brazil
- 2023-03-17 Lemon prices skyrocket to Rs 200 per kg in Noida
- 2023-03-17 Smallest yield in more than a decade predicted for California Valencia oranges
- 2023-03-17 Orah mandarins boost Chinese growers’ livelihoods
- 2023-03-17 California rains temporarily affect kumquat harvest
- 2023-03-17 "Declining supply causing lime market revival"
- 2023-03-17 "Despite the decline in citrus volumes in Morocco, we are doing pretty well"
- 2023-03-17 Key challenges needed to be overcome in order to ensure South Africa's R30 billion industry survives
- 2023-03-17 “The citrus fruits' first root movement in spring, is the most important one”
- 2023-03-17 Citrus fruits are rotting due to a lack of storage conditions and processing.
- 2023-03-16 Israeli farmer grows world's heaviest lemon
- 2023-03-16 Weighted average prices for oranges in the EU stood at €82/100kg in February
- 2023-03-16 With the exception of Chile and South Africa, global citrus producers projected to produce less in the 2022/23 season