- Ein- und Verkäufer Obst
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Chinese shiitake grower opens production in Poland and Spain
- Supply gaps imminent for California spring vegetables following record rains
- "This next step opens the door for the apple variety to be grown in other countries and sold under the Soluna™ brand"
- South African onions increasingly important to the UK & Europe
- "Australia's grape exports start strong in Asia"
Top 5 - last week
- “We hoped to harvest more than 400 tons of early potatoes, but I'll be surprised if we get to harvest 150 tons”
- "We produce 70 tons of mushrooms per day"
- Eastern buyers prefer the taste of South African Grannies
- Israeli farmer grows world's heaviest lemon
- Berg River grape farm forgoes a packhouse for field packing
Top 5 - last month
- Tropical cyclone Freddy brings heavy rains in parts of South Africa
- "Consumers will happily pay two euros for a Mars bar or can of Coke but not for their veg”
- "I spent 10 years as a worker, now I manage 120 hectares of citrus fruit, stone fruit and strawberries"
- PM Hipkins learns that most Hawke’s Bay crops were uninsured
- Supermarkets limiting sales of veg per customer
Canada: Photo report CPMA Montreal
On April 16 and 17, the CPMA tradeshow was held in Montreal, QC. It was the largest event in the organization’s 90-year history. Close to 300 exhibitors from primarily Canada, the US and Mexico showcased their (new) products, ranging from the Tombar to apple cider and fresh-cut pomelos.
Freshplaza was present and made a photo report that will provide a quick impression of the show. Freshplaza also attended the CPMA welcome reception on the evening of April 15.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-21 "We have sent our first shipments to Ghana and Guinea"
- 2023-03-21 Taiwan: Indigenous fruit set to be protected by adapted law
- 2023-03-21 Fresh Produce Association of the Americas holds its annual meeting in Arizona
- 2023-03-21 Mexico: Agro-exports saw record values in 2022
- 2023-03-21 'More Irish horti producers to cease trading in 2023'
- 2023-03-21 Incredible food prices prompt Swedes to look over the border
- 2023-03-21 Horti industry development project worth $323 million implemented in Uzbekistan
- 2023-03-21 Tanzanian farmers now reap profits of fertilizer subsidies programs
- 2023-03-20 Monetary value of fresh produce imports from Mexico to US to exceed $53 billion by 2030
- 2023-03-20 “We will work in the Himalayas with commercial varieties to look for genotypes more resistant to climate change”
- 2023-03-20 Movement of blueberries through Arizona, California, and Texas expected to increase
- 2023-03-20 Significant price increases included strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries
- 2023-03-20 China strengthens ties with Africa: food is the new focus
- 2023-03-20 Drought risk East Anglia forces growers to switch crops
- 2023-03-20 Hailstorms damage crops in areas of India
- 2023-03-17 Odisha drivers' strike affects supply of fresh fruits and vegetables
- 2023-03-17 Bangladesh: Duty-free import of capital goods and raw materials likely for all
- 2023-03-17 The effects of labor costs on US agriculture
- 2023-03-17 "The cold weather discourages market vendors and hospitality sector buyers"
- 2023-03-17 NZ shoppers may see produce prices dropping again in coming months