- Ein- und Verkäufer Obst
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- How record rainfall is impacting California’s strawberries
- Europe undersupplied with stonefruit
- It’s time for dragon fruit to transition to mainstream
- “Onion production is about 60 per cent lower, demand is strong”
- New Zealand apples and pears available, Chilean stone fruits entered the peak of arrival
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "Consumers will happily pay two euros for a Mars bar or can of Coke but not for their veg”
- Supermarkets limiting sales of veg per customer
- “Fruit industry in the Eastern Cape is facing a perfect storm”
- Eastern buyers prefer the taste of South African Grannies
- Durian smell forces Turkish Airlines flight to turn back
Sollum Technologies offers greenhouse growers the most unique, high-performing LED grow light solution on the market. It Is fully dynamic, meaning that it is 100% programmable thanks to an AI-powered cloud platform and IoT grow lights. It is the only technology that dynamically recreates, perfects, and modulates in real time the full spectrum of the Sun’s natural light. This enables the cultivation of any crop anywhere, regardless of its native climate and the location of the greenhouse. Our solution offers unparalleled value in terms of energy savings, productivity and quality while contributing to the growth of local, ethical, and sustainable agriculture. Our future-proof solution is designed and manufactured in Canada.
Working for Sollum Technologies is being part of a family that cares about developing pioneering technology and where your opinion and ideas are welcome. We offer stimulating and enriching workdays in an open space in Old Montréal.
We are currently seeking someone to fill the position of Horticultural Technician who will report to the Agronomy Lead and VP Customer Operations. As an expert in your field, you will follow-up with our Québec clients to ensure that they are using their Sollum lighting solution to its full potential.
Your mission if you accept it?
Support our clients in the use of dynamic lighting to develop innovative lighting strategies
What your day-to-day looks like:
- Assist with client onboarding following the installation of Sollum's dynamic lighting solution;
- Train clients to use our SUNaaS control software;
- Work with SUNaaS to create greenhouse layout and initial lighting zones;
- Create custom light recipes based on client's crop objectives;
- Assist with follow-ups of Sollum's small-scale clients in Québec to ensure that their dynamic lighting solution is meeting their needs;
- Receive and handle client requests for modifications to their lighting plan;
- Participate in internal R&D projects;
- Assist with data management and analysis;
- Develop agronomy dashboards per client to compare crop productivity with the lighting conditions;
- Brief the Agronomy Lead on the status of small-scale Québec clients.
What you need to join our family:
- Bachelor's degree in Agronomy, Horticulture or a plant-related field;
- One (1) years of experience working with plants, ideally in greenhouse production or fruit and vegetable cultivation, and/or research and development;
- Extensive knowledge of plant physiology;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team;
- Knowledge of Office Suite;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and French;
- Driver's license a must;
- You are both an office and a field person, and you are ready to travel frequently in Québec (20 to 25% of the time);
- You’re enthusiastic, autonomous, organized and you have a passion for innovation;
- You work well in a multidisciplinary team;
- You have a great sense of professional rigor and analysis;
- You are open-minded to learning and using various data analysis tools.
To apply, please send your resume and application to email@example.com at the attention of Mr. Thomas Monteil-Tardivel.