Lidl Sweden announced that they’ll stop transporting fruit and vegetables by air. An image is circulating that shows all the birds that stopped flying, with the kiwi now being the final one, as a nod to the fruit that shares its name with a bird that doesn't fly. With this direction, the aim for Lidl seems to be having more locally produced fruit and vegetables on the shelves.
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-04 Farmers say river lifeline may sink agriculture
- 2023-12-04 'Thanks for supporting fund to help rebuild Moroccan villages struck by earthquake'
- 2023-12-04 Eastern Kenya suffers devastating floods
- 2023-12-01 Brazilians who depend on the Amazon to make a living are faced with worst drought in region’s history
- 2023-12-01 Climate change increases number of insects that attack almonds, peaches, walnuts
- 2023-11-29 US farmers are suffering from extreme weather
- 2023-11-27 “Climate change forces us to constantly evolve and find sourcing alternatives”
- 2023-11-27 How AI could power the climate breakthrough the world needs
- 2023-11-23 Floods in northern France
- 2023-11-22 Tunisia's 'map of thirst' keeps on expanding
- 2023-11-17 How AI-led climate modelling could save millions of dollars
- 2023-11-15 Widespread water protest planned
- 2023-11-14 "Climate change and El Niño, in particular, are testing Chile's and the world's agricultural sector"
- 2023-11-14 Devastating losses after a hailstorm caused an estimated $30 million in crop damage
- 2023-11-08 Greenhouses and tunnels destroyed by storm Ciaran in western France
- 2023-11-02 How could climate and economic changes affect the organization of European markets?