- Packing Supervisor
- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Innocent Bosire, MintosHerbs:
"Potential in Eastern Europe & Russia for fresh mint from Kenya"
"Overall, the colder temperatures haven't been too bad for the herbs, with the exception of chives, where we are seeing losses of around 50%, due to lack of vital sunlight. The biggest effect we've noticed is that the chives are a little shorter and the growing cycle is lengthened by around 5 days, but luckily the quality of what is available is quite good," shared Innocent Bosire from MintosHerbs.
A large portion of the company's production is currently for mint and basil, which has been less affected by the cold weather, along with tarragon, thyme and coriander.
"We are currently producing 3.5 tons of mint every week and have been looking at new markets to ship our fresh herbs to. We are been very interested in finding new partners in Eastern Europe, Ukraine and Russia for our fresh mint and basil, especially because I think that there could be a lot of demand in these countries," said Innocent.
Innocent said that they have their eyes on expansion next year, and would like to increase their basil production to 400 kg per week.
"We are currently growing our herbs on 15 acres, but we have a lot of opportunity for expansion. We own a 20 acre field at another location in a warmer area, which would make it perfect for growing Basil."
For more information:
Tel: +254 717 305339
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-30 "Last year, we expanded our Dutch greenhouse acreage by 5 hectares"
- 2023-01-30 Constant level of demand despite price increase of 10 to 20 percent for thyme
- 2023-01-24 "No other herb brand in Australia has such an extensive range of punnets and sleeves which are fully barcoded"
- 2023-01-19 Mint is seeing an interesting pickup in demand
- 2023-01-17 Organic aromatic herbs that respect health and the environment
- 2022-12-23 "In the last three days we have seen orders going up by 300%"
- 2022-12-22 Italian fresh herbs did well in 2022
- 2022-12-20 "The festive season is when top chefs experiment with cress to distinguish themselves"
- 2022-12-16 Italian organic aromatic and medicinal plants sold to various European industries and buyers
- 2022-12-13 Herb grower bringing 90 percent of production indoors
- 2022-12-13 "For the more unusual varieties, there is currently an additional price of up to 1 euro per kilo"
- 2022-12-12 Kenyan nursery seeks to create future for community via herbs
- 2022-11-30 "We are now in a position to supply German goods for the early Easter business"
- 2022-11-28 France: dynamic demand for dried herb bouquets
- 2022-11-24 100% Vegan friendly DIY Pesto Kit introduced in The Netherlands
- 2022-11-17 “We are known for our high-quality fresh herbs that are asked for by our clients.”
- 2022-11-10 Swiss: From supplying retail to the year-round cultivation of natural plant extracts
- 2022-11-09 Spike in fresh herb consumption for the holiday season
- 2022-10-28 Spontaneous herbs become a resource
- 2022-10-26 Singapore: "Our demand is more than we can supply"