- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
- Sales Manager (Europe Division)
AU: First Egyptian lemons arrive in Perth markets
“The lemons are a good colour and clean, a big improvement on last year.”
Egyptian citrus imports grew exponentially last year, however lemon volumes were not large because the Egyptian lemons were too green for the Australian market.
This year, BGP International, the Australian company responsible for the first imports, took a hands on approach to ensure Egyptian lemons would satisfy the Australian consumer’s requirements.
Allen and Sue Jenkin from Ironbark Citrus in Queensland, travelled to Egypt on behalf of BGP, to share their expertise on de-greening citrus with the Egyptian packers who work in partnership with BGP.
Photo: Graham Morgan & Prudence Barker in Perth Market
“As a result of the information sharing trip by Allen and Sue, and the enthusiastic response they received from our Egyptian partners, we can see a fabulous outcome with the first lemon arrivals”, said Neil Barker, Managing Director of BGP. “We are planning a strong increase in our lemon imports from Egypt based on these improvements”.
“In addition to our Australian program we are now shipping the better coloured and graded lemons to China and achieving great results” he added.
Australian consumers will enjoy Egyptian lemons through until the start of the local season in February.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-11-29 Clementine industry too fragmented
- 2019-11-28 Grapefruit harvest started in Turkey
- 2019-11-27 Citrus industry generates billions in exports despite bruising year
- 2019-11-26 Late overseas citrus on the rise
- 2019-11-25 Leaved clementines are synonymous with freshness and high quality
- 2019-11-22 "Navel crops from South Jiangxi, China are small in size due to dry weather"
- 2019-11-21 Ultra-thin layer of seal packaging increases citrus shelf-life up to 40%
- 2019-11-20 "Canada, Asia, and the Middle East are our most important markets"
- 2019-11-19 "Delayed harvest of Greek organic citrus"
- 2019-11-18 China: Navel orange production declines by 30% in Hengyang, Hunan
- 2019-11-15 Texas red grapefruit season commences, big sizes expected
- 2019-11-14 Memorably bad season for South African soft citrus in Russia
- 2019-11-13 Clementines: Real test of prices will take place in a few weeks time
- 2019-11-12 "Oranges from Guangdong, China will be available early"
- 2019-11-11 "Indonesia is currently the best export market for our Chinese mandarins"
- 2019-11-08 Tougher times for South African citrus growers and exporters during past season