- Packing Supervisor
- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Shiitake great alternative for pickled herring in Sweden
"Pickled herring is a very important product in Sweden during the Mid-summer, Christmas and Easter holidays and the pickled shiitake offers a great alternative for vegetarians. We have been testing the product with different mushrooms varieties to no avail, and discovered that the shiitake works really well in terms of texture and can take on a variety of different flavours," shared Mathias Persson, from Hällestadsvamp.
The pickled mushrooms will be available to select markets this Christmas and they are hoping to have the full launch into retailers and food service by this Easter. Mathias also shared that he is hoping to make the product fully organic by this time as well, the mushroom are already organic and that it's just about getting the remaining ingredients organic.
"The pickled shiitake comes in different flavours, but we also offer a flavourless pickle so that people can add whichever flavour they like. In Sweden, everyone has their own family recipe whether it be with creme fraiche, cavier, mustard, you name it, so now they have the ability to make their own version with our mushrooms too," said Mathias.
It has been a challenging year for Hällestadsvamp AB, after a fire at the beginning of the year ravaged their production area, leaving only the restaurant and farm shop behind.
"We were really fortunate that we were able to start growing our white and brown mushrooms again in temporary facilities, by the 22nd of June, just four months after the fire. The fire has brought new opportunities, our facilities were older and we were planning on building new ones, just not as soon as we were forced to. We have been working with Dutch mushroom growers to help plan our new modern growing facilities. Our plans include a 35% production increase in our brown and white button mushrooms and more than doubled production of our exotics."
For more information:
Tel: +46 768927555
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-31 "Our strength lies in offering the widest range of baby leaf"
- 2023-01-31 Adelaide's former Holden car factory to become a large-scale mushroom producer
- 2023-01-31 Good yet not excellent quantities of vegetables shipped to Europe
- 2023-01-31 "At the moment, the supply of vegetables available in Almeria is insufficient to meet the demand"
- 2023-01-31 Smithy Mushrooms grows as demand for exotic varieties increases
- 2023-01-31 "With an early Easter, it's vital that we get this product available"
- 2023-01-31 "Cucumbers had a good season, so more tomato growers have switched to them"
- 2023-01-31 California farmers facing costly damages due to storms
- 2023-01-31 "Rising compost prices and volume issues are determining the mushroom market"
- 2023-01-31 "Volume developments impressively illustrate the growth development of this crop"
- 2023-01-31 Spring planting balances high inputs and economic uncertainty with good markets
- 2023-01-31 Polish importer makes tomato investments in Romania
- 2023-01-31 AUSVEG pre-budget submission - summary of recommendations
- 2023-01-31 Stacks of produce litter Auckland roadsides
- 2023-01-31 Spanish and Dutch pepper sales in the EU decrease while Moroccan pepper sales grow
- 2023-01-31 "In February, there will be a production gap in cucumbers, zucchinis, and eggplants"
- 2023-01-31 How to increase and homogenize the caliber of lettuce grown in the ground
- 2023-01-30 Sicilian cucumber prices are holding up well
- 2023-01-30 “We are confident about the 2023 cucumber campaign”
- 2023-01-30 Dutch company offers first new Ev'ryday cucumbers