- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager - United States
TOMRA ships world's largest steam peeler
The new Eco steam peeler stands more than eight metres tall, and has the capability to peel 650kg of potatoes in less than seven seconds.
The processing capacity of the steam peeler is more than 65,000kg (143,300lbs) of potatoes per hour or a daily rate of 1,560,000kg (3,439,200lbs).
Eamonn Cullen, market unit manager peeling at TOMRA Sorting Food: “When you consider this pressure vessel will peel almost 3,000 individual potatoes in less than seven seconds, these results demonstrate the scale of the achievement.”
Steam peeling has for a long time been the most efficient method of removing skin from the surface of vegetables. The new Eco steam peeler is not only the fastest steam peeler; it is also the most efficient in the industry according to TOMRA using 28 percent less steam than other peelers of its type.
Eamonn continues: “We were the first to introduce high pressure steam peeling to the vegetable processing industry and we have continued to invent in technologies to improve the steam peeling performance. This latest steam peeler enables processors to reduce the energy consumed in the process to levels not seen in the industry before.
For more information:
TOMRA Sorting NV
Tel: + 32 (0) 16 742 817
Mob: +32 (0) 476 74 19 18
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-07 Producing fries using less frying oil
- 2023-12-07 How to save time, staff, and product
- 2023-12-07 Careful packing process minimizes soft fruit handling
- 2023-12-06 "Fewer operations saves you so much time"
- 2023-12-05 Food processors and packhouses improving efficiencies with new artificial intelligence empowered solutions
- 2023-12-05 New machine automates weighing and banding
- 2023-12-05 Fresh lettuce washing machine successfully tested with plasma-based disinfection technology
- 2023-12-05 "Thanks to a new development, we can produce almost 100 clip nets per minute"
- 2023-11-29 Automation should alleviate harvest labor shortages in Australia
- 2023-11-27 The world's first self-cleaning and self-sanitizing juicer
- 2023-11-27 "We're in Colombia to promote our extraction systems for avocado oil"
- 2023-11-24 UK robotics innovator signs $47 million US deal
- 2023-11-24 Researchers continue to find new applications for Agtech device
- 2023-11-23 "Quality of product has improved, as there is less handling compared to manual operation"
- 2023-11-22 New solution adds value and ease to machine-harvested blueberries
- 2023-11-17 New tech brings sustainable water efficiency to stone fruit grower