- Production Director Phalaenopsis - Taiwan
- Flower Grower - Canada
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- PHOTO REPORT: Fruit Attraction 2022
- South African port strike: "Brace for a minimum one week strike, probably longer"
- Australia: 300 tons of oranges dumped due to wet weather, export troubles and labor shortage
- Increasing import and logistics costs weigh on the mind of importers
- Grapes grown especially for the Asian markets
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- "I have 400 tons of unsold grapes on the vines"
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
5 hectare pilot project:
France: Buratti to start with greenhouse Kiwi cultivation
Buratti, an Italian family that grows apples and kiwis in France for more than 65 years, investigated the opportunities for protected cultivation of kiwis after a visit to New Zealand. Here they saw how colleague kiwi-growers were coping with devastating pest and diseases with the help of cover materials like insect- and shade nets. Back in Europe, the Buratti's got acquainted with Italian greenhouse manufacturer Europrogress and started working on a special solution to grow kiwis in a protected environment in the climate of Southern France.
Based on Europrogress' experience with a large number of other greenhouse crops and climates, Buratti determined to install a multispan greenhouse structure with automated frontal, side and top openings to control the climate.
In April 2016, Europrogress started with the construction of the project in Montauban. In total they installed two greenhouses over a total acreage of 5 hectares. One of the Mulitiart 15000 greenhouses has a size of 3 hectares and the second one is a similar structure with a size of 2 hectares. The structures have 15 meter bays, the ridge height is 6.8 meter and the structure measures 4 meter under the gutter. The roof and sideward vents are controlled by a switchboard which is equipped with rain and wind sensors.
Europrogress made special adjustments with extra poles within the bays in order to provide special support for the kiwi trees. Jean Pierre Lejeune of Europrogress explained that he is looking forward to see the first trees in the five hectare project. "This first five hectare projects will be very important to test and experiment with the protected cultivation of kiwis in Southern Europe. The better and controllable climate in greenhouse will hopefully result in better production and protect the trees from diseases and pests."
The five hectare project of Scea Buratti in Montauban will serve as a pilot project. If all goes well, the grower hopes to expand its kiwi production with more greenhouse acreage.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-06 "Good start of Peruvian blueberry campaign in Europe"
- 2022-10-06 Davao Department Of Agriculture predicts great demand for local durian variety on Chinese market
- 2022-10-05 Demand for papayas has slowed down
- 2022-10-05 Bahia: Value of fruit culture reaches r$ 4.5 billion
- 2022-10-05 Port of Pecém resumed fruit exports to Spain and Italy
- 2022-10-05 Global avocado demand still creates business opportunities in Africa
- 2022-10-05 Chance of winning an Avocado-Rams custom electric vehicle
- 2022-10-04 "Roasted lemon caviar powder is a unique product in the world which we make using different varieties that we grow"
- 2022-10-04 Increase in volumes expected for the Kiwi Passion Consortium
- 2022-10-03 "The consumer deserves to eat an exceptional avocado and not a mediocre fruit at an unjustifiable price"
- 2022-10-03 "Hi-technology gives us a competitive position on the global market”
- 2022-10-03 Producers have accomplished growing kiwi outside its growing area for the first time
- 2022-10-03 Peru: Ancash region food exports amounted to 206 million dollars between January and July
- 2022-10-03 Inflation, high shipping rates squeeze profit margins of Costa Rican pineapples
- 2022-10-03 Italian season Rojo Brillante persimmon is about to start
- 2022-10-03 Pomegranate season has been underway for a month in Italy
- 2022-09-30 Mexican avocados still a multi-billion dollar hit in the US
- 2022-09-30 Cerrado should become Brazil's fruit growing hub
- 2022-09-30 “Demand for pomegranates is at a higher level than last year”
- 2022-09-30 Salento Bio boasts 150 hectares of organic prickly pears