- Packing Supervisor
- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
NZ: Tomato and lettuce prices down almost 30 percent
Vegetable prices showed the biggest movement in October, down 8 percent in total. Fruit prices were down 1.8 percent. As well as lower prices for lettuce and tomatoes, courgettes were down 43 percent. This was partly offset by higher carrot prices, up 19 percent.
"Tomatoes continued their price decline for the second consecutive month, to $6.83 per kilo this month. While this is a large fall, tomatoes are still more expensive than they were in October 2015," consumer prices manager Matt Haigh said.
Overall, food prices increased 0.6 percent in the year to October 2016, influenced by higher prices for restaurant meals and ready-to-eat meals (up 2.0 percent) and fruit and vegetables (up 1.2 percent).
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-31 "We offer Iranian produce to European customers"
- 2023-01-31 Government of Tanzania plans 10 per cent agri growth by 2030
- 2023-01-31 Spilling of Lower Umguza Dam offers hope for good harvest
- 2023-01-31 USAID Trade Activity publishes agri-export guideline for Gulf countries
- 2023-01-30 Pacific businesses lack staff as workers leave for Australia and New Zealand
- 2023-01-30 Supermarkets and traditional markets return to normal operations as supply increases
- 2023-01-30 UK fruit and vegetable growers' margins are tight post-Brexit
- 2023-01-30 Kazakhstan depends on imported vegetables
- 2023-01-30 Cooperative from Extremadura surpassed the 100 million turnover barrier
- 2023-01-30 Global coalition of fresh produce calls for policy measures to safeguard fresh produce supplies
- 2023-01-30 Price of most fruits and vegetables hikes up 28% at Costa Rican farmer’s markets
- 2023-01-30 New Zealand's total export value increases in 2022
- 2023-01-27 Russia and Turkey intend to strengthen control over the supply of fruits and vegetables
- 2023-01-27 Market with cheap vegetables and fruits to be launched in Omsk, Russia
- 2023-01-27 Concern over governmental intention to withdraw support for exporters and importers
- 2023-01-27 The fruit and vegetable department determines consumer preference for the store and drives the sales
- 2023-01-27 France is preparing a law allowing the industry to better negotiate with retailers
- 2023-01-26 "Shift toward vegan nutrition offers new opportunities to add more variety to the product portfolio"
- 2023-01-26 'Increasing shipments from South Africa and slightly weakening grape imports from Peru'
- 2023-01-26 Sub-zero frosts harm Murcia crops