- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- Citrus, avocado and grape importer announces new warehouse expansion
- More flooding expected in Orange River region
- New cherry varieties shows promise to make Chilean season even earlier
- "We want to minimize the impact of chilling damage on avocado quality"
- Demand for pomegranates triples at Christmas
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Central Otago cherry growers expect record volumes of fruit this season
Top 5 -last month
Russia aims to become more self-sufficient in fruit and veg supply
Also As Pakistan will try to significantly expand its presence in the segment.
"In addition to that, there are two trends - in the first place we've been watching the growing efforts of the countries of Central Asia and Transcaucasia, particularly Azerbaijan, to raise the level traditionally their products are to European standards, and secondly producers in these regions make efforts to grow more complex sometimes risky, as a consequence, and profitable types of fruit, such as lemons, kiwi fruit or acca sellowiana from Uzbekistan."
But the problem will not only affect citrus, since Turkey was supplying a wide range of products to the Russian market, including grapes, tomatoes, cucumbers and many, many others. While this situation may mean a threat of shortages, Vadim states that Prodgamma like a typical Russian company which is very flexible and used to operating in changing situations, so hopefully it won’t be too big a problem.
While he explains that fruit and vegetable prices in Russia are currently growing, consumers are also turning towards products of domestic production and from Mid-Asia. “That is why the economic wars between Russia and the EU and Turkey won’t have a good impact for the last ones, because they are sellers, not buyers, and we are able to adapt. In this highly competitive market In any case, the buyer is always in a better position"
It is difficult to give prospects on what to expect for the upcoming year, as we can see the situation can change very rapidly, but given the circumstances, Mr Vadim hopes that “this will lead to the growth of the Russian production and to a greater diversification of Russian imports, making the country more independent when it comes to fruit and vegetable supply.”
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-30 Nepal: Syangja growers witness increased orange production
- 2022-11-30 Consum will only sell oranges and mandarins with Cítricos Valencianos PGI November to the end of April
- 2022-11-30 "Excellent citrus sales, hardly any large oranges in Spain"
- 2022-11-30 Portuguese origin is gaining ground
- 2022-11-30 "The overall price of Jinqiu Tangerines is slightly higher than in previous years"
- 2022-11-30 "Grapes and clementines are always in high demand around year's end"
- 2022-11-30 UK suspends tariffs on fruit juices
- 2022-11-30 "Good volume availability for lemons and clementines, plump oranges in short supply"
- 2022-11-29 Israel’s 2022-2023 citrus season estimated to be lower and challenging
- 2022-11-28 Ghanaian citrus growers perturbed by black spot disease
- 2022-11-28 Castellon's citrus exports are growing thanks to the fall in production in Italy
- 2022-11-28 France: green clementines for the holiday season
- 2022-11-28 DaVida, the new BIO+ and CO2 neutral brand of citrus fruit to give the organic market a push
- 2022-11-28 First supplies of Limoré to become available soon
- 2022-11-28 South African orange shipment reveals R75 million worth of cocaine
- 2022-11-28 Louisiana scientists work to grow citrus indoors
- 2022-11-25 "When compared to other protected varieties on the market, Valley Gold is very economical"
- 2022-11-25 Kinnow exporters Pakistan seek help from government
- 2022-11-25 First Tan Lac red-flesh grapefruits exported to UK
- 2022-11-24 Bangladesh increases duty on Vidarbha oranges