- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager - United States
Blueberry price quadruples in Russia during winter
Depending on the season, the country sending the blueberries changes. “In summer the main export country is Belarus. In the past blueberries were also imported from Spain, Portugal, Holland, and Poland but now because of the sanctions this is not possible. In autumn and winter the main blueberry export countries are: Peru, Chile, Uruguay, Argentina, Mexico and Morocco,” says Alexander.
“At the moment the majority of blueberries on the Russian market are from Peru, Argentina and Uruguay. The blueberry season in Uruguay starts in September and continues to January. The blueberry season from Chile starts a month later, roughly from October to March. Every year the yield and volume of supply from Uruguay increases.”
“The price of blueberries is lower in the summer season than in the winter. In summer the price for a box (1.5kg) is around $5-8. The price of blueberries from South American countries at the start of autumn-winter is between $14-17, taking into account transport costs the price rises to $23-30 a box. Previously we brought blueberries directly from South America to Moscow, now we are considering shipping via Rotterdam to reduce costs. Of course, this increases the delivery time to 10 days, but is likely to be more profitable," says Alexander.
According to Alexander, blueberries in Russia remain a rather expensive berry. Not all Russians can afford to indulge themselves with this tasty and healthy berry all year round.
For more information:
Tel: +7 812 424 42 90
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-08 Significant crop damage just before the crucial Christmas period
- 2023-12-08 "This season, a nice message is enhanced with high-quality apples"
- 2023-12-08 Apple orchard update about seasonal transition post harvest
- 2023-12-08 “Chilean cherry quality arriving in China this year is higher than in previous years”
- 2023-12-08 Cherry and table grape trends and predictions for 2024
- 2023-12-08 Portuguese grape sales ended a month early
- 2023-12-08 Water management will be a challenge for upcoming Moroccan blueberry season
- 2023-12-07 Hawkes Bay apple crop shows good signs of recovery
- 2023-12-07 Moldovan apple exports remain critically low
- 2023-12-07 El Niño impacts timing/volume on grape and stone fruit imports
- 2023-12-07 International Table Grape Symposium: Who’s stealing your lunch?
- 2023-12-07 Mangoes and cherries are facing really really short seasons
- 2023-12-07 Tasmanian cherries in season again
- 2023-12-06 “This could be the dream table grape season for us in Ica”
- 2023-12-06 Are orange candy melons the future of the melon category?
- 2023-12-06 Strawberry prices surge again, exceeding 10 euros per kilo