As the first supermarket in Germany real,- will sell a limited range of products grown on permaculture. According to real,- soon the range will be expanded considerably with salad onions, radishes, carrots, endives, baby spinach, lamb’s lettuce and oriental salad mix. Now these can always be offered during harvest time. And more products will follow, according to the company.
The permaculture products will be labelled with the real,- Permakultur Logo.
What is permaculture?
Permaculture is a continued organic agricultural development. Fruit and vegetables are cultivated in harmony with nature and according to certain principles that are good for people and nature.
From the farm to the market
- is 100% free of synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides and fungicides.
- is 100% free of the use of artificial additives.
- promotes the development of humus. The humus layer is important for the CO2 storage and increases the soil fertility.
- meets the organic requirements of the EU completely.
- uses water economically.
- contributes to the conservation of biodiversity and the environment.
The main part of the fruit and vegetables of the supermarket chain comes from the organic producer lehmann natur. And for several years lehmann natur has worked with permaculture agriculture. On farms in Spain avocados, pomegranates and oranges for real,- supermarkets are cultivated. Lehmann natur cooperates with permaculture producers in Germany. As soon as sufficient amounts of produce can be cultivated the availability of regional products at real,- supermarkets is possible too.