- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- UK & IRL Avocado Trader
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- South African orange shipment reveals R75 million worth of cocaine
- “Laser micro-perforated bags extend bananas' shelf life by three weeks”
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- Blueberries will be the main focus at the next Macfrut
Top 5 -last month
New CEO for Potatoes NZ
Potatoes New Zealand Inc. Chairman Stuart Wright said he was delighted to welcome Mr Claridge to the organisation, which has a target of doubling New Zealand fresh and processed potato exports by 2025.
Mr Claridge studied horticulture at Lincoln University before gaining a Masters in biotechnology at the University of Canterbury
He founded one of New Zealand’s first organic food exporting businesses and led the Carrickmore dairy export company, developing extensive links in China. He also helped establish the New Zealand Infant Formula Exporters Association and is a member of the Royal Society and the New Zealand Institute of Food Science and Technology.
“Horticulture, particularly the application of technology to biological systems, has been an enduring passion for me so I’m very pleased to step up to the challenge of lifting performance in the New Zealand potato sector,” he said. “Potatoes are the third most important crop in the world after rice and wheat and there is great potential to add value. Potatoes New Zealand Inc. is very well positioned to pursue our strategic goals of continuous productivity improvement to increase profitability per hectare and lifting the domestic market by 50 per cent by 2025.”
Mr Claridge is also a former Dean of Business Studies and Senior Lecturer in Management at the Christchurch College of Education, worked as a business advisor for Canterbury Employers Chamber of Commerce, and ran his own full service agency, specialising in marketing communications, for 11 years.
Please visit www.potatoesnz.co.nz for more information.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-06 Doing more with fewer people
- 2022-12-06 Smuggled white onions worth $35k found in Manila raid
- 2022-12-06 Europe's largest sweet potato-producing region is located in Cadiz
- 2022-12-05 "Global demand for frozen potato products remains high"
- 2022-12-05 Potatoes, carrots, parsnips part of more expensive UK 2022 Christmas dinner
- 2022-12-05 The future of roots and tubers under one CGIAR
- 2022-12-02 Governor Lacson wants more storage facilities for onions
- 2022-12-02 'Season of early Cypriot potatoes will begin soon'
- 2022-12-02 "Early switch from Spanish, Egyptian sweet potatoes to U.S. expected"
- 2022-12-02 Norwegian company deal with Argentine farmer to de-carbonise potato crisps
- 2022-12-02 World Potato Market reports that exports from EU reached record levels in September
- 2022-12-02 Onion prices down at Yeshwanthpur APMC, Bengaluru
- 2022-12-02 Smuggled white onions are said to be flooding Luzon markets
- 2022-12-02 US potato sales up almost 18% over last year
- 2022-12-01 "You have to pay attention"
- 2022-12-01 Shortage of onions in the Philippines
- 2022-12-01 “We are running along reasonably, but I expect yields to be reduced due to the cooler, wet weather"
- 2022-12-01 'Demand for Washington onions is good this week'
- 2022-12-01 Pakistan has become the main supplier of potatoes to the Uzbek market
- 2022-12-01 Over 50 countries represented at Interpom 2022