- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- UK & IRL Avocado Trader
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- South African orange shipment reveals R75 million worth of cocaine
- “Laser micro-perforated bags extend bananas' shelf life by three weeks”
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- Blueberries will be the main focus at the next Macfrut
Top 5 -last month
Australian Supreme Court Ruling:
Pink Lady America entitled to ownership of brand in Chile
In 2007 PLA agreed to transfer to APAL all rights it had in the Pink Lady® set of trademarks in Chile in return for a perpetual license to use the trademarks in the trade in apples between Chile and the USA, Canada, and Mexico.
In 2013 APAL breached that agreement and denied PLA the full benefit of that license. The Court held that this breach of the license “gave rise to PLA’s right to resume ownership of the assigned trademarks.”
The consequence of this Court decision is that PLA is the only party entitled to issue licenses for the use of the Pink Lady® set of trademarks in the export of apples from Chile to anywhere else in the world.
This is good news for the Chilean apple industry. It removes any doubt that PLA is the only party who can authorize the use of the the Pink Lady® set of trademarks in Chile and will allow a simpler process for growers to export their apples from Chile under the Pink Lady® brand.
PLA is taking steps to put into place the logistical framework for the transition of the ownership of the Pink Lady brand to effectively manage this whole process seamlessly from Chile throughout the world. PLA will continue to maintain commercial pathways for all stakeholders concerned that are both sustainable and beneficial to the growers.
PLA will put into place a simplification process for the better administration of the brand from Chile to the rest of the world. PLA will work diligently to improve the brand for the entire distribution chain and create better opportunities for all concerned.
PLA will be providing the Chilean industry additional information on the logistical implementation of the ownership transition very soon.
For more information:
Pink Lady America
Tel: +1 509-248-4352
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-06 Calavo partnering with Old El Paso
- 2022-12-06 Fyffes completes community needs assesments for LATAM
- 2022-12-06 Colombia Avocado Board brings on new board members
- 2022-12-06 "We're the first to market fruit grown without nitrate contamination for two consecutive years"
- 2022-12-06 France: Pomliberty welcomes Vitalis as a shareholder
- 2022-12-06 Lincolnshire agri-tech company moves to new location
- 2022-12-06 Dutch coop commits to science-based climate goals
- 2022-12-06 Cairo 3A signs exclusive partnership to distribute Driscoll’s berries to the local market
- 2022-12-06 Limoneira closes sale of its Sevilla property for $2.6 million
- 2022-12-05 Equitable Food Initiative elects new board member
- 2022-12-05 Irritec announces the winner of the Best Agrishot 2022 photo contest
- 2022-12-02 Apeel will lay off a total of 96 employees from its Goleta office
- 2022-12-02 Berry grower/shipper offers expanded scholarships for 2023
- 2022-12-02 BBL acquires Share Logistics Group
- 2022-12-01 Limoneira announces new vice president of field operations
- 2022-12-01 Nile’s futuristic vision is gaining traction in Southern Africa
- 2022-12-01 Australian Table Grape Association welcomes new board members
- 2022-11-30 DPD Netherlands acquires Cool Runnings Transport BV
- 2022-11-30 'Third quarter sales best in the history of the company'
- 2022-11-30 Joy Wing Mau Group and China Aerospace reach strategic cooperation