- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- Avocados Australia looks at export markets as growers brace for another oversupply situation
- "The recent price of Chilean cherries is lower than the same period last year"
- Israel’s 2022-2023 citrus season estimated to be lower and challenging
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Central Otago cherry growers expect record volumes of fruit this season
Top 5 -last month
American Heart Association (AHA) National Healthy Eating Day
Making better food choices with Pink Lady apples
With fruit provided by Stemilt Growers in Wenatchee, in a program coordinated by the AHA in Seattle/Tacoma and assistance from Pink Lady America (PLA) in Yakima, it was a great example of a team effort.
“For PLA it’s an honor to be part of Healthy Eating Day Crunch especially with the star of the healthy part being the Pink Lady® Brand Apple,” says Alan Taylor, PLA marketing director. “And it even sweeter to have a major Pink Lady shipper in Stemilt Growers being so kind to provide the apples.”
“This is also a striking instance of Pink Lady once again being recognized by the AHA, as ten years ago it became the first apple to be in its Heart-Check program, meaning it met the association’s nutritional standards for that program.”
The Healthy Eating Day Crunch at Foss High School was one example of the AHA’s national program to provide a first step to a great many people benefitting from making healthier food choices.
In addition to providing encouragement to local association offices, the AHA provided a toolkit of materials and how-to information for workplaces, schools, individuals and communities all to promote a healthy lifestyle.
“We now look forward to similar AHA projects in the future and will also be counting on the generosity of Pink Lady Brand growers/shippers such as Stemilt,” Taylor says.
“It’s a great fit for smart marketers like Stemilt and also for our PLA health-oriented programs such as Pink Lady Cares About Kids™.”
For More Information:
Tel. +1 509-662-9667
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-30 DPD Netherlands acquires Cool Runnings Transport BV
- 2022-11-30 'Third quarter sales best in the history of the company'
- 2022-11-30 Joy Wing Mau Group and China Aerospace reach strategic cooperation
- 2022-11-30 Citrus, avocado and grape importer announces new warehouse expansion
- 2022-11-30 Avocado board program educates future board participants
- 2022-11-30 Murcian company with a workforce of almost 240 workers has filed for bankruptcy
- 2022-11-30 Zespri releases climate change adaption plan
- 2022-11-30 Hortifrut grows its quarterly income by 19% thanks to dynamic blueberry offer
- 2022-11-30 "Thanks to our laser cutting equipment, we are able to produce machine parts within a few hours"
- 2022-11-29 USDA files action against Texas company for alleged PACA violations
- 2022-11-29 Johannes Bliestle and Hans-Jörg Friedrich take over responsibility in BVEO and DRV committee work
- 2022-11-29 France: Carrefour speeds up same-day delivery in Paris region with the STEF group
- 2022-11-28 Food-tech venture Pluckk records $5 mln annualised revenue run rate in October
- 2022-11-28 NTB supports foreign large-scale retailers in their purchases in Italy
- 2022-11-28 Fruit importer happy to be back at Asia Fruit Logistica
- 2022-11-28 Very strong third-quarter financial results in a more challenging economic and geopolitical environment
- 2022-11-28 Dutch pallet company officially inaugurates new building
- 2022-11-25 Pennsylvania Cooperative Potato Growers celebrate 100 years of cooperation
- 2022-11-25 Lineage Logistics officially opens fully automated Cool Port II
- 2022-11-25 AUSVEG welcomes new directors