- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- Avocados Australia looks at export markets as growers brace for another oversupply situation
- "The recent price of Chilean cherries is lower than the same period last year"
- Israel’s 2022-2023 citrus season estimated to be lower and challenging
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Central Otago cherry growers expect record volumes of fruit this season
Top 5 -last month
Bombowlee - local fruit for local families
AU: “Local” success summer fruit growers
“Bombowlee” orchardists Linda and Mark Jolly.
Fruit is selectively picked at its peak maturity and is on the Woolworths’ shelves within 24 hours. This means fruit spends more time on the trees to develop the best flavour, sweetness and juiciness.
The farming families involved are again marketing under their exclusive brand “Bombowlee - local fruit for local families”. The orchards have been known for their premium, early season peaches and nectarines since the 1930s, and supplying Woolworths for over 50 years.
“The response by local consumers to our tree-ripened program over the last two seasons with Woolworths has been outstanding”, says Mark Jolly of Jolly Family Orchards. “The on-going support by Woolworths is making this year an even better program for both consumers and growers”.
“Although Woolworths has around 900 stores nationally, they have demonstrated the flexibility to link with local growers to market to local families through their local stores. As a result, our growers, consumers and Woolworths all benefit”, Mr Jolly observed.
“Bombowlee” is a local brand that allows us to pool our fruit, says Ray Christie of Christie Orchards. Most importantly it allows us to provide consistent quality and eating experiences to local consumers. We also take special care to protect our fruit from harvest to consumers, because it is tree-ripened and ready to eat, he observes.
In a new initiative this year, orchard videos have been produced, highlighting the production of peaches and nectarines on Sydney’s outskirts. To take a virtual orchard tour, simply click on the QR Code below.
For more information:
N&A Fruit Distributors
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-30 This year's first of Qingpu District strawberries are hitting the market
- 2022-11-30 New cherry varieties shows promise to make Chilean season even earlier
- 2022-11-30 Apples worth Rs 500 million exported from Mustang district
- 2022-11-30 'Indian banana exports can increase four-fold'
- 2022-11-30 Changing climate: Not all bad news for Maine blueberry growers
- 2022-11-30 Argentinian blueberry exports decrease as the world's blueberry consumption increases
- 2022-11-30 "Effect of lower Dutch strawberry supply is being felt; Egyptian ones in greater demand as that season starts"
- 2022-11-30 French pears remain very popular despite the drop in purchasing power
- 2022-11-30 "Brightly colored fruits are more acceptable in the market"
- 2022-11-30 Total global blueberry shipments from Argentina at 4.228 tons until now
- 2022-11-30 Australia: Alpine apple crop is looking good
- 2022-11-30 Five containers of Moldovan apples ready to ship to India – Moldova Fruct
- 2022-11-30 How to reverse the downward trend of the Piel de Sapo melon
- 2022-11-30 High demand for Egyptian strawberry plants
- 2022-11-30 Unexpected result of blackout in the apple sector of Moldova
- 2022-11-30 2022 North America cranberry crop offers modest improvements over 2021’s crop
- 2022-11-30 Good volumes of NZ cherries for for Lunar New Year
- 2022-11-29 Seedless varieties of table grapes are being prepared for planting in Uzbekistan
- 2022-11-29 'SA area planted under cherries could expand by 90% in the next five to six years'
- 2022-11-29 “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”