- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- Citrus, avocado and grape importer announces new warehouse expansion
- More flooding expected in Orange River region
- New cherry varieties shows promise to make Chilean season even earlier
- "We want to minimize the impact of chilling damage on avocado quality"
- Demand for pomegranates triples at Christmas
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Central Otago cherry growers expect record volumes of fruit this season
Top 5 -last month
Symposium showcases kiwifruit innovation
Zespri General Manager Marketing & Innovation Carol Ward explains Zespri set up this event to profile the work underway across the industry, share findings and get industry input into directions and priorities for future research.
“This an innovation conference for the industry and with the industry. By bringing our Zespri innovation leaders together along with so many of our research partners – the Riddet Institute, Plant & Food Research, KVH, Massey University and many more – we can show the industry the great work that’s going on right across the industry,” says Ms Ward.
Zespri chief executive Lain Jager speaking at the 2015 Kiwifruit Innovation Symposium in Mount Maunganui.
Zespri Chief Executive Lain Jager explains the pace of change in the world is getting faster and innovation is a race. “We need to innovate faster than the competition to stay relevant to our consumers and drive value back to our industry,” says Mr Jager.
The new cultivar breeding programme accounts for more than half of Zespri’s innovation funding – with over $20 million invested by Zespri, Plant & Food Research and the government each year – and has produced the game-changing SunGold (Gold3) and Hort16A varieties, adding nearly $4 billion to the NZ economy. Bryan Parkes, Operations Manager for the Zespri-Plant & Food Research breeding programme will update the audience on progress towards producing another revolutionary cultivar for the kiwifruit category.
Health communication is Zespri’s key marketing platform with consumers and Zespri Innovation Leader Juliet Ansell will outline how consumers around the world connect health with food and how Zespri’s investment in health research supports its premium, healthy position in the market. The work towards recognised regulatory health claims and scientifically-proven health benefits underpins this and gives the industry credibility with health professionals and consumers.
The programme also includes interactive workshops exploring topics as diverse as how a new green cultivar would be integrated into Zespri’s portfolio, ways to transfer innovations quickly throughout the industry and how the industry can apply learnings from Psa to other biosecurity threats. Exploring the limits of kiwifruit production will also be outlined – with yields tripling in the apple industry over the past 50 years, the kiwifruit industry has significant room for improvement.
For more information:
Tel: +61 027 509 1805
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-01 Asia Fruit Logistica heads back to Hong Kong
- 2022-11-28 Blueberries will be the main focus at the next Macfrut
- 2022-11-25 Webinar: Opportunities for horticulture in Algeria and Egypt
- 2022-11-23 Looking ahead to the Organic Grower Summit 2022
- 2022-11-22 EPC Leadership Class to attend Cornell program at New York Produce Show
- 2022-11-21 Date grower-shipper brings latest products to New York Produce Show
- 2022-11-21 Pulsed Electric Field (PEF) systems for large, peeled and unpeeled potatoes
- 2022-11-21 “Water, energy and food sovereignty at the heart of medFEL 2023”
- 2022-11-18 Engels Machines at the ExpoSE 2022 fair in Karlsruhe, Germany
- 2022-11-16 "Focus on the future of horticulture" defining theme of IPM Essen
- 2022-11-16 Mini symposium on grape quality to take place on the 2nd of December
- 2022-11-16 Creating value with less: a hot theme at Global Berry Congress 2022
- 2022-11-14 Mushroom Days will be from May 10 to 12, 2023
- 2022-11-14 Salobrena will host the First Andalusian Subtropical Fair
- 2022-11-11 Morocco Foodex aims to conquer the British market
- 2022-11-11 New trends, innovations, and chain take center stage at Global Berry Congress
- 2022-11-07 Photo report Asia Fruit Logistica 2022
- 2022-11-04 Bolivia for the World business meetings 8-25 November 2022
- 2022-11-04 Ecuador is making moves to become more competitive in Asia
- 2022-11-04 Innovations and trends at IFPA