- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- Citrus, avocado and grape importer announces new warehouse expansion
- More flooding expected in Orange River region
- "We want to minimize the impact of chilling damage on avocado quality"
- New cherry varieties shows promise to make Chilean season even earlier
- Demand for pomegranates triples at Christmas
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Central Otago cherry growers expect record volumes of fruit this season
Top 5 -last month
China: multiple causes year-on-year decline fruit prices
First of all, the number of fruit growing areas is increasing continuously. For example grapes, in the past there was only one place that produced one sort of grape variety. Today, along with the uninterrupted development of technology and science, large areas are evolving in to growing areas. Xinjiang, Northeast China and other traditional growing areas are facing new opponents as Jiangxi, Hebei and other regions.
When the number of growing places increases, the output is also increasing. If the market demand cannot process the over supply on the market in a short period of time, prices will drop naturally.
Secondly, foreign fruit is constantly entering the Chinese market. For example bananas, in the past bananas were mainly produced in Hainan. Today, the import of fruit from Vietnam, Laos and other places has a serious impact. Further more, there is large pressure due to a downfall in the economy. Some fruit deep processing manufacturers are shrinking their production capacity, leading to rising fruit inventories. Due to this fruit prices are falling further.
The above mentioned causes are leading directly to the fact that this year's prices stayed low continuously and that prices are approximately 1 Yuan per kilo lower than previous years, in some cases even more.
Source: Datong Evening News.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-01 Grape consumption helps counter UV damage to skin
- 2022-12-01 Moroccan table grape grower transitions to new varieties
- 2022-12-01 New technology enables real-time monitoring to determine the quality of the coveted Chilean fruit
- 2022-12-01 "There are efforts from all the actors and a common view of the country to improve logistics this season"
- 2022-12-01 Twenty years of research leads to three new apricot varieties
- 2022-12-01 Woolworths responds to customer’s outrage over watermelon pricing
- 2022-12-01 Wet weather affects Victorian cherry and berry season
- 2022-12-01 Egypt to allow the supply of grapes and cherries from Uzbekistan
- 2022-11-30 This year's first of Qingpu District strawberries are hitting the market
- 2022-11-30 New cherry varieties shows promise to make Chilean season even earlier
- 2022-11-30 Apples worth Rs 500 million exported from Mustang district
- 2022-11-30 'Indian banana exports can increase four-fold'
- 2022-11-30 Changing climate: Not all bad news for Maine blueberry growers
- 2022-11-30 Argentinian blueberry exports decrease as the world's blueberry consumption increases
- 2022-11-30 "Effect of lower Dutch strawberry supply is being felt; Egyptian ones in greater demand as that season starts"
- 2022-11-30 French pears remain very popular despite the drop in purchasing power
- 2022-11-30 "Brightly colored fruits are more acceptable in the market"
- 2022-11-30 Total global blueberry shipments from Argentina at 4.228 tons until now
- 2022-11-30 Australia: Alpine apple crop is looking good
- 2022-11-30 Five containers of Moldovan apples ready to ship to India – Moldova Fruct