- Packing Supervisor
- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Successful export start to UK
Ukrainian company to quadruple onion production
"The company has also been involved in experimental production and will start added value products in the onion plant in the next few months with consignments of peeled picklers, onion rings, onion wedges and so on, all of which have travelled exceedingly well and have met full customer expectations in the UK," said Galbraith.
Due to this success Green Team are quadrupling its own farm production of onions for 2016 and are looking to add new products such as white garlic and sweet potatoes to its range of production both of which were experimentally grown this year and were successful produced.
Also in the experimental stages and due to the excellent irrigation available is the production of large mild onions for sale in Germany, Sweden and the UK
The company also has now decided to use its own dedicated fleet of lorries for delivery to Western Europe and the UK after seeking approval for several of its drivers from the British Embassy to be able to enter the UK with appropriate visas on an on going basis. With this innovation the company feels that it will have far more control over the distribution chain from field/packhouse to end user.
The company has also increased its customer base in Czech Republic and Poland and is also now in discussions with retailers in other EU states in conjunction with their EU partners Moorhouse and Mohan Ltd.
"It is an excellent start to the new partnership and there is a lot of positivity in Ukraine, UK and Sweden," states Galbraith.
For more information:
Moorehouse & Mohan
Tel: +44 1354 602860
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-31 Potato consumption in French households increases by 1.5%
- 2023-01-31 For two seasons, Spain has been exporting potatoes to France to make snack chips "because of their quality"
- 2023-01-31 "People are still holding out for better prices, which is reflected in a lower willingness to sell"
- 2023-01-31 North Carolina Sweetpotato Commission appoints Liquid PR to support global expansion
- 2023-01-31 Zimbabwean government distributes 450,000 sweet potato vines
- 2023-01-31 McCain invests a further £35 mln in sustainable farming vision
- 2023-01-31 Tajikistan follows Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan banning exports of onions, carrots, potatoes
- 2023-01-30 Onions at Rs320 per kilo in Karachi due to supply shortage
- 2023-01-30 Only 1,900 tons of imported onions arrived in Philippines last week
- 2023-01-30 New potato variety with high genetic quality for Peruvian producers
- 2023-01-30 After achieving a record production in 2021, the world's potato production decreased by 6% in 2022
- 2023-01-30 Onion prices in Tajikistan soared
- 2023-01-27 Building a secure and sustainable future for our industry
- 2023-01-27 Governments of Canada and Manitoba invest nearly $100,000 to upgrade horticulture storage facility
- 2023-01-27 Filipino president Marcos wants meeting to discuss high prices of imported onions
- 2023-01-27 'UK potato growers are underestimating their own industry’
- 2023-01-26 Export of Ukrainian potatoes to the EU is possible, but not soon
- 2023-01-26 "Our programmed quality onions have gained us a foothold at European retail suppliers "
- 2023-01-26 The Princesa Amandine potato was awarded the 2023 Flavor of the Year award for the second consecutive year in Spain
- 2023-01-26 "Onions in 5-kg bags have become 100 percent more expensive"