- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Frug I Com, GS1 and IFPS
Second European congress held on SS Rotterdam
1st of December: Strategy formulation forum
Now that digitalisation rapidly changes agricultural production processes, the chain and the market in general, it is essential for any entrepreneur to strategize on technological development.
A forum will be held on the first of December, which will consists of a series of presentations designed to provide entrepreneurs and managers from the agricultural sector a comprehensive overview of the developments in both individual companies and the fresh produce industry in general as a result of growing technological possibilities.
The program will start with Entrepreneur 4.0: Data driven enterprises! by R. Huirne from the Dutch Rabobank. He will address the significance of data for the company of tomorrow today. This will be followed by a fascinating insight into the development of cultivation technology in Cultivation 4.0: the Next Generation of Growers! by M. Prins from the Dutch company Priva. Another fascinating lecture on technology, Technology 4.0: the Sky is the Limit!, will be given by professor S. Sukkarieh from the University of Sydney and the Australian Centre for Field Robotics.
2nd of December: Roundtable knowledge exchange
The second day will include a number of presentations and workshops that will specifically address the interface between information, ICT and the fresh produce industry. Workshops will be given on innovation in Information & Logistics, Food Safety, Market & Consumer, Finance and Cultivation.
Emphasis on information exchange
During the Forum and Round table sessions, particular attention will once again be given to information-exchange and standards. For example, the use of EPCIS in both the supply chain and retailer will be highlighted in both Connected Transport 4.0 and Datasharing 4.0. J. Wozniak of the International Trade Centre in Switzerland will guide you through the development of BlueID als a global farm number in agriculture. Considerable attention will also be given to the use of standards on labels regarding various legislations. GS1 in Europe will provide an update on the new manual for consumer labels. G. Rowe from GS1 Global will take the floor in a best practise session on the most notable applications in the agrifood sector. Finally, attention wll be paid to the increasing focus on standards in geo-information for the benefit of precision agriculture. Last but not least, the Speed Learning sessions will give you the opportunity to learn about GS1 and IFPS standards for cultivation, trade and retail.
For more information and registration, please click here.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Webinar: Opportunities for horticulture in Algeria and Egypt
- 2022-11-23 Looking ahead to the Organic Grower Summit 2022
- 2022-11-22 EPC Leadership Class to attend Cornell program at New York Produce Show
- 2022-11-21 Date grower-shipper brings latest products to New York Produce Show
- 2022-11-21 Pulsed Electric Field (PEF) systems for large, peeled and unpeeled potatoes
- 2022-11-21 “Water, energy and food sovereignty at the heart of medFEL 2023”
- 2022-11-18 Engels Machines at the ExpoSE 2022 fair in Karlsruhe, Germany
- 2022-11-16 "Focus on the future of horticulture" defining theme of IPM Essen
- 2022-11-16 Mini symposium on grape quality to take place on the 2nd of December
- 2022-11-16 Creating value with less: a hot theme at Global Berry Congress 2022
- 2022-11-14 Mushroom Days will be from May 10 to 12, 2023
- 2022-11-14 Salobrena will host the First Andalusian Subtropical Fair
- 2022-11-11 Morocco Foodex aims to conquer the British market
- 2022-11-11 New trends, innovations, and chain take center stage at Global Berry Congress
- 2022-11-07 Photo report Asia Fruit Logistica 2022
- 2022-11-04 Bolivia for the World business meetings 8-25 November 2022
- 2022-11-04 Ecuador is making moves to become more competitive in Asia
- 2022-11-04 Innovations and trends at IFPA
- 2022-11-04 International Agroferomonas and Biological Control Days
- 2022-11-04 German Ports at transport logistic Americas