- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- Avocados Australia looks at export markets as growers brace for another oversupply situation
- "The recent price of Chilean cherries is lower than the same period last year"
- Israel’s 2022-2023 citrus season estimated to be lower and challenging
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Central Otago cherry growers expect record volumes of fruit this season
Top 5 -last month
California Giant Berry Farms announces Staff Promotion
Nick has been on the sales desk for several years working with some of the company’s largest accounts continuing to grow the business for California Giant. In his new additional responsibilities Chappell will provide strategic leadership for the future direction of the retail sales channel team in the development of the company’s strategic sales plan. He will provide leadership on the daily sales operations, develop new accounts, and recommend training opportunities and visibility for the team while maintaining focus on the company’s strategic goals.
“I look forward to this new challenge at Cal Giant and the opportunity to work with the sales team on developing new customers, new outlets and continue to improve our programs with existing key customers. The end of the year timing is perfect to take a fresh look at the business, our processes and ways to improve in 2016. I am excited about what’s ahead for all of us as we continue to build our team and success for the company”, says Chappell.
“This has been in the works for awhile as Nick has really showed strong leadership skills with the team on a daily basis. He works very well with the whole group and they trust and respect him. Nick also serves as a valuable liaison to the field department, so he is definitely the right person for the job. This is a new position created here at Cal Giant and we are really excited to see these new opportunities emerge as our company continues to expand”, says Anthony Gallino, Vice President of Sales for the company.
Nick Chappell began working for California Giant 11 years ago straight out of college. He was recently selected as one of four recipients of the United Fresh Caplan Family Scholarship Program attending the Washington Conference and was recognized in the 40 under 40 Project identifying young leaders in the produce Industry. He lives in Aptos, California with his wife Lori and young daughter, Spencer.
For more information: www.calgiant.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-30 DPD Netherlands acquires Cool Runnings Transport BV
- 2022-11-30 'Third quarter sales best in the history of the company'
- 2022-11-30 Joy Wing Mau Group and China Aerospace reach strategic cooperation
- 2022-11-30 Citrus, avocado and grape importer announces new warehouse expansion
- 2022-11-30 Avocado board program educates future board participants
- 2022-11-30 Murcian company with a workforce of almost 240 workers has filed for bankruptcy
- 2022-11-30 Zespri releases climate change adaption plan
- 2022-11-30 Hortifrut grows its quarterly income by 19% thanks to dynamic blueberry offer
- 2022-11-30 "Thanks to our laser cutting equipment, we are able to produce machine parts within a few hours"
- 2022-11-29 USDA files action against Texas company for alleged PACA violations
- 2022-11-29 Johannes Bliestle and Hans-Jörg Friedrich take over responsibility in BVEO and DRV committee work
- 2022-11-29 France: Carrefour speeds up same-day delivery in Paris region with the STEF group
- 2022-11-28 Food-tech venture Pluckk records $5 mln annualised revenue run rate in October
- 2022-11-28 NTB supports foreign large-scale retailers in their purchases in Italy
- 2022-11-28 Fruit importer happy to be back at Asia Fruit Logistica
- 2022-11-28 Very strong third-quarter financial results in a more challenging economic and geopolitical environment
- 2022-11-28 Dutch pallet company officially inaugurates new building
- 2022-11-25 Pennsylvania Cooperative Potato Growers celebrate 100 years of cooperation
- 2022-11-25 Lineage Logistics officially opens fully automated Cool Port II
- 2022-11-25 AUSVEG welcomes new directors