- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
New Zealand’s key export markets in Asia
Research to identify export consumer trends
Dr Harker, Science Group Leader of the Consumer & Product Insight Group at Plant & Food Research, is initiating preliminary work designed to lead to a wider study to identify the key drivers of consumer behaviour in relation to food purchases and health and wellbeing. Also contributing to this project are researchers and experts from the University of Auckland, the University of Otago and PwC.
In total five new research contracts have been awarded across several Crown Research Institutes, universities, and independent research organisations – bringing together the best of New Zealand’s capability and a strong science focus.
In addition to leading the consumer insights programme, scientists from Plant & Food Research’s Food Innovation Portfolio will also be contributing several other research programmes within the High-Value Nutrition Challenge, including a University of Auckland-led programme investigating the relationship between nutrition for metabolic health; Malaghan Institute of Medical Research-led research into the relationship between nutrition and immune defences; and AgResearch-led programme examining the relationship between nutrition and gastrointestinal health.
The three priority research areas targeted in the research funding include new food solutions to improve metabolic health (obesity, diabetes and heart health), boosting immune defences and improving gastrointestinal health, and complementary research into understanding innovative food science solutions and more detailed insights into health consumers, particularly in Asia.
For more information visit www.highvaluenutrition.co.nz.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-23 Jamaica Producers veteran Marshall Hall has died
- 2022-11-18 Seasonal workers urged to sign NFU letter to the Immigration Minister
- 2022-11-14 World Bank plans insurance help for Central American farmers
- 2022-11-11 How rising energy prices, fluctuating exchange rate affects Dutch cultivation and trade, plus several other developments
- 2022-11-10 NZ: Stink bugs at the border
- 2022-11-10 Large increase of brown marmorated stink bugs poses serious threat to Oregon crops
- 2022-11-10 Freshfel Europe calls to introduce international SPS standards
- 2022-11-08 Labor arbitrage, fruit and vegetable imports, and supply chain resiliency
- 2022-11-07 Minister Enoch Godongwana responds to media reports regarding Eskom remarks
- 2022-11-02 Change at the helm of APM Terminals Nordics
- 2022-11-02 Freshfel Environmental Footprint Initiative embarks on shadow PEFCR for fruit & vegetables
- 2022-11-01 World Potato Congress board of directors congratulates Xiaoping Lu
- 2022-10-20 Labor exploitation investigation prompts launch of 'fairer temp agency'
- 2022-10-18 Freshfel Europe calls for action against soaring energy prices and its impact on fresh produce
- 2022-10-18 Growers angry over new overtime regulations
- 2022-10-17 Sustaining local communities in Honduras with an off-season corn-planting program
- 2022-10-14 Blue Diamond Growers President and CEO Mark Jansen announces plans to step down
- 2022-10-13 Spanish Government approves a legislative package for the implementation of the CAP in the fruit and vegetable sector
- 2022-10-13 The World Potato Congress Inc. welcomes its new executive director
- 2022-10-06 Collaborations and economic opportunities between Italy and Tanzania