- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- Avocados Australia looks at export markets as growers brace for another oversupply situation
- "The recent price of Chilean cherries is lower than the same period last year"
- Israel’s 2022-2023 citrus season estimated to be lower and challenging
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Central Otago cherry growers expect record volumes of fruit this season
Top 5 -last month
South Africa: Great weather helps grape harvest
Intakes are ahead of last year's figures, with the Orange River region harvest doubling to more than 3million cartons compared to last year. Rhomona Gounden from SATGI explained that this was largely down to new vineyards coming in to commercial production.
Northern Province Region will finish packing Prime and Flame Seedless this week, whilst packing peak volumes of Sugrathirteen and Black Gem. The first Redglobe is expected to be harvested towards the end of next week. The quality of the grapes is said to excellent.
In the Orange River region Sugrathirteen is also ready for harvest whilst the first Thompson Seedless will be packed in these areas towards the end of this week. The packing of Prime and Flame Seedless will also end in the Blouputs area this week with increasing volumes of Sugraone and Thompson Seedless to follow. In the late areas, Kanoneiland and Groblershoop, peak volumes of Prime will be packed towards the end of the week too. The weather here is very hot and quality is excellent.
Meanwhile in the Oliphants River region packing in the Trawal area increased last week, with packing in the Vredendal area expected to be in full swing towards the and of this week. Good quality Starlight, Prime and Flame Seedless is being packed.
Packing of Prime, Grapaes and Flame Seedless will commence in the Piketberg area of the Berg River Region this week, with the possibility of small volumes of Prime even being packed in the later areas.
Lastly in the Hex River Valley it is expected that the first Starlight and Prime will be packed in the region as early as next week.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-29 Seedless varieties of table grapes are being prepared for planting in Uzbekistan
- 2022-11-29 'SA area planted under cherries could expand by 90% in the next five to six years'
- 2022-11-29 “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- 2022-11-29 Awe Sum Organics’ winter organic table grapes to arrive soon
- 2022-11-29 Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- 2022-11-29 Chile shipping fewer and fewer peaches
- 2022-11-29 Chilean cherries' harvest and export season has begun
- 2022-11-29 "Almost no Hoogstraten strawberries until March; after that, there may be a surplus"
- 2022-11-29 "We have very attractive apples of great quality, in line with market demand"
- 2022-11-29 "Apple sales are under pressure, and the market demand for preservatives is increasing"
- 2022-11-29 "The recent price of Chilean cherries is lower than the same period last year"
- 2022-11-29 Spanish athlete breaks Guinness World Record by slapping watermelons
- 2022-11-29 British Columbia fruit packer focuses on developing pear category
- 2022-11-28 South African early table grape export volumes trending lower than last season
- 2022-11-28 US cranberry harvest expected to be 5 percent larger in 2022
- 2022-11-28 Jazz launch apple campaign 2022-2023
- 2022-11-28 "The energy market's uncertain, so there's more weekly strawberry sales rather than fixed prices"
- 2022-11-28 Chile strives to maintain position in cherry exports
- 2022-11-28 Blackberries and raspberries know no crisis
- 2022-11-28 18 grapes sold at €30 in Japan