- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
- Sales Manager (Europe Division)
Ecuador raises banana price 9%
The new price, 9% higher than the current $ 6, was set by Ministerial Agreement and approved Thursday and will come into force from January 1 until December 31 next year.
Ecuador, the leading exporter of bananas and the fourth largest producer in the world, sold a total of 253 million boxes of bananas in 2013, 5 million more than in 2012, which totalled 248 million, according to official data.
In 2014, the Association of Banana Exporters of Ecuador (AEBE) expect to export 290 million boxes of bananas, representing a record against the major peak of exports achieved in 2011, which was 283 million boxes. The main buyers of the Ecuadorian fruit are the United States and Europe.
Ecuador last July reached an agreement with the EU, but is awaiting final approval of documents by the Ecuadorian legislature and of the Council and the European Parliament for its entry to be put into force.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-29 Fairtrade banana company president honored
- 2023-11-29 Ecuador sees 6.3% increase in banana exports for October 2023
- 2023-11-28 Airbnb host warns about monkeys breaking into the house for bananas
- 2023-11-28 In week 46, average wholesale prices of Latin American bananas stood at €104/100 kgs in the Netherlands
- 2023-11-28 Bananas from Colombia at £1.06: unchanged from last week
- 2023-11-28 Delegation represents Belize at international forum on banana diseases in Guatemala
- 2023-11-27 Cocaine in Ecuadorian banana shipment intercepted at port of Piraeus
- 2023-11-27 Colombian banana producers are prepared for EU regulations
- 2023-11-27 Paraguay and Bolivia banana growers will resume shipments to Argentina
- 2023-11-27 Russia faces a sharp rise in banana prices, crossing 1.4 euros per kilogram
- 2023-11-24 Canarian banana production in 2023 is already 30% higher than last year
- 2023-11-24 Queensland bananas and melons make groundbreaking voyage to Japan market
- 2023-11-23 Peruvian Cavendish banana exports between January and October 2023 decreased by 17%
- 2023-11-21 Many trucks full of bananas move from India to Janakpurdham, Nepal
- 2023-11-21 Bananas from Ecuador come in at £1.06 in UK
- 2023-11-20 Argentina's economic woes lead to fruit shortages