- Production Director Phalaenopsis - Taiwan
- Flower Grower - Canada
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- "I have 400 tons of unsold grapes on the vines"
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
Ecuadorian Vice Minister for Trade present in Rotterdam to receive fresh shipment
Total Exotics first Ecuadorian Kent Mangoes
Mr Juan Francisco Ballén, Vice Minister of Trade, and Mr Juan Patricio Navarro, Director of Pro-Ecuador Rotterdam, were on hand to receive the first shipment.
Mr Juan Francisco Ballén, Hennie van Es and Juan Patricio Navarro
The Ecuador mango season runs from November until the end of January, which will allow a smooth transition into the Peruvian season.
Hennie Van Es, Sourcing & Trading Director at Total Exotics stated, "The arrival of the Ecuador mangoes is especially nice this year as the Peruvian supply will be 30 days late due to weather conditions in Peru and they won't arrive until the end of January."
The Brazilian supply has also been disrupted due to the climate this season, "There are Brazilian mangoes on the market but people are looking for very good quality. The Kent mangoes from our farm in Ecuador are very sweet and juicy and have great colour with an 80% blush."
He goes on to say that Kent mangoes are the best tasting mango and are the only mangoes, which are totally fibre free, "Many people would like to have Kent mangoes year round but that is not possible at the moment. There is nowhere that Kent can be grown year round, they need at least 10°C difference in day and night temperatures otherwise they will not produce flowers, this has been a big problem in Peru and the reason why the mangoes are late this year."
In 2013 Ecuador produced 11 million boxes of mangoes but 2014 will see a drop of around 30% due to similar climatic conditions as seen in Peru.
Hennie explains that good farm management is a must, especially when the fruit is ripened on arrival in Europe, the product must be healthy and picked just at the right moment to ensure great quality on the shelves.
Total Exotics works exclusively with San Judas Tadeo farm in Palestina, which works within the highest social and environmental standards (ETI accredited) for both sea and air shipments, 1200 boxes per week will be shipped by air, a small but exclusive program, Hennie said much of the product has been pre-sold as it is such a speciality.
"There is a shortage of mangoes on the market just now. However, working with the early Ecuadorian season allows us to fill the gap between Brazil and Peru. We will continue to supply the European market with Ecuadorian fruit in the coming years”.
The mangoes for sea freight are expected to arrive on 5th December, allowing us to fulfil the December demand out of Ecuador with weekly arrivals.
80% of mangoes grown in Ecuador are Tommy Atkins and shipped to the US. The small production of Kent is split between US and EU.
The brand Mr sweet, is specially selected and from one farm, which gives a really uniform and safe product.
Total Exotic also offers mango ready to eat under their own label, Fruit for the Senses, and under customer labels.
For more information:
Hennie Van Es
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-06 "Good start of Peruvian blueberry campaign in Europe"
- 2022-10-06 Davao Department Of Agriculture predicts great demand for local durian variety on Chinese market
- 2022-10-05 Demand for papayas has slowed down
- 2022-10-05 Bahia: Value of fruit culture reaches r$ 4.5 billion
- 2022-10-05 Port of Pecém resumed fruit exports to Spain and Italy
- 2022-10-05 Global avocado demand still creates business opportunities in Africa
- 2022-10-05 Chance of winning an Avocado-Rams custom electric vehicle
- 2022-10-04 "Roasted lemon caviar powder is a unique product in the world which we make using different varieties that we grow"
- 2022-10-04 Increase in volumes expected for the Kiwi Passion Consortium
- 2022-10-03 "The consumer deserves to eat an exceptional avocado and not a mediocre fruit at an unjustifiable price"
- 2022-10-03 "Hi-technology gives us a competitive position on the global market”
- 2022-10-03 Producers have accomplished growing kiwi outside its growing area for the first time
- 2022-10-03 Peru: Ancash region food exports amounted to 206 million dollars between January and July
- 2022-10-03 Inflation, high shipping rates squeeze profit margins of Costa Rican pineapples
- 2022-10-03 Italian season Rojo Brillante persimmon is about to start
- 2022-10-03 Pomegranate season has been underway for a month in Italy
- 2022-09-30 Mexican avocados still a multi-billion dollar hit in the US
- 2022-09-30 Cerrado should become Brazil's fruit growing hub
- 2022-09-30 “Demand for pomegranates is at a higher level than last year”
- 2022-09-30 Salento Bio boasts 150 hectares of organic prickly pears