- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
- Sales Manager (Europe Division)
UK: 5.71 million tonnes potato production in 2014
Planted area is estimated at 121,100 ha, down 1.1% on last year. This figure revises the provisional end-August area estimate of 121,900 ha. The area update has been made following the inclusion of additional data, since the end-August estimate, which was based on 85% of registered area.
Seasonal conditions across the major potato growing regions of GB were largely fine and conducive to strong crop growth and high yield potential. Above-average spring temperatures were followed by generally fine and settled summer weather. Unsettled weather in late summer led to only a few short interruptions, but as autumn approached, drier, warmer conditions dominated. The considerable dry, warm periods necessitated the use of widespread irrigation where available and slowed some harvesting activities.
The Potato Council will update the estimate for GB potato production in early 2015.
For more information:
Tel: +44 2476 478 840
1 Total Production is the total harvested volume of the GB crop measured in metric tonnes. It excludes field leavings and material graded out prior to storage or sale.
2 Potato yields are net of crop losses (areas that cannot be harvested) and on-farm grading waste. Yields are estimated from the Grower Panel, which is a stratified random sample of 909 sample crops from 518 growers. For this report, data from a sub-sample of 413 crops was available. The estimate for
net yield has confidence limits of ± 2.55%. Confidence limits give the range around the sample mean within which there is a 95% probability that the true mean lies.
3 The area estimate of 121,100 ha includes all potato plantings in GB and is made up of both Potato Council registered and unregistered area. It is based on a regression sample of 98% of registered growers. The area estimate has confidence limits of ± 0.25%.
4 Totals may not calculate precisely due to rounding factors.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-29 No suggested retail price for onions, despite high prices
- 2023-11-29 Poor shelf life of onions across Europe causes uncertainty as to whether there will be enough supply
- 2023-11-29 "By June, German onions will probably not be available everywhere"
- 2023-11-29 Potato prices remain elevated in Bangladesh
- 2023-11-28 McCain Foods continues to drive innovation in agriculture with launch of Presia Ag Insights
- 2023-11-28 Onion imports from Afghanistan have increased at Attari ICP
- 2023-11-28 Rain and hail slammed Nashik onion fields this Sunday
- 2023-11-28 PEI potato industry recognizes four members
- 2023-11-28 "Tension between buying and selling on the potato market"
- 2023-11-28 “Two-speed” season for French pink onions
- 2023-11-28 France sees cost of potatoes soaring
- 2023-11-27 Americans may soon be paying more for potatoes
- 2023-11-27 In Ukraine, the winter supply of vegetables is rapidly melting: onion prices may rise to last year’s values
- 2023-11-24 Delayed harvesting in the NEPG. Uncertainties about final production
- 2023-11-24 Government allows certain onion consignments to be exported until November 30
- 2023-11-24 AI is able to monitor and predict potato nutrition in real time