- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager - United States
Optical sorting machine for washed potatoes
Marcel Mulder: “As it turned out, Miedema’s knowledge of 'dirty' potato sorting could well be used for an optical sorting machine for washed potatoes.” According to Marcel, it even serves as somewhat of an advantage. "Sorting unwashed potatoes is much more difficult, especially so because with seedlings, quality is more important than quantity. This is why we developed our Smart Grader. Now, we have ‘translated’ this design to the washed potatoes in the consumer market. Volumes are a bit down, but the quality of our sorting is many times higher than with existing competitors."
Smart Grader becomes Industrial Line
Two companies in Liege and Heerenveen are using a machine by Miedema to sort washed potatoes, However, that is a different machine with only three outfeeds; this new machine has ten outfeeds. The machine now running in Switzerland is based on the sorter for the unwashed potato, the Smart Grader, and bears the name Industrial Line.
The basis of the machine and the built-in techniques are the same. The biggest changes are in the other requirements, that apply to crops products relative to the seed. "We have replaced some parts with components made out of stainless steel, the frame was galvanized, and sheet metal has now been treated with an additional coating. The conveyor belts are now blue. These adjustments are necessary because you work with food in a safe environment, but the basis of the machine is the same."
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-08 "Every step that can't be mechanized is an extra worker"
- 2023-12-08 This is the world's largest carrot polisher
- 2023-12-07 Producing fries using less frying oil
- 2023-12-07 How to save time, staff, and product
- 2023-12-07 Careful packing process minimizes soft fruit handling
- 2023-12-06 "Fewer operations saves you so much time"
- 2023-12-05 Food processors and packhouses improving efficiencies with new artificial intelligence empowered solutions
- 2023-12-05 New machine automates weighing and banding
- 2023-12-05 Fresh lettuce washing machine successfully tested with plasma-based disinfection technology
- 2023-12-05 "Thanks to a new development, we can produce almost 100 clip nets per minute"
- 2023-11-29 Automation should alleviate harvest labor shortages in Australia
- 2023-11-27 The world's first self-cleaning and self-sanitizing juicer
- 2023-11-27 "We're in Colombia to promote our extraction systems for avocado oil"
- 2023-11-24 UK robotics innovator signs $47 million US deal
- 2023-11-24 Researchers continue to find new applications for Agtech device
- 2023-11-23 "Quality of product has improved, as there is less handling compared to manual operation"