- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- Citrus, avocado and grape importer announces new warehouse expansion
- More flooding expected in Orange River region
- "We want to minimize the impact of chilling damage on avocado quality"
- New cherry varieties shows promise to make Chilean season even earlier
- Demand for pomegranates triples at Christmas
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Central Otago cherry growers expect record volumes of fruit this season
Top 5 -last month
Total Exotics launches new consumer-focused packaging
The initiative also aims to help consumers understand what they can do with the product. Rients says that “many exotic products are still unknown and our new packaging will inform consumers how they can prepare or cook these exciting products.”
On the one hand, the new design provides a new, more authentic look to the company’s products, and on the other, it aims to create concepts, for instance, by combining vegetables with certain herbs and including a recipe. “For mango and avocado, for example, you have full descriptions on how to cut them and tips on how to use them,” affirms Rients.
Furthermore, the packaging allows for maximum shelf life for both vegetables and ready-to-eat products. “The idea is to provide consumers with products they can instantly and easily consume, and that is where we add value.”
The format is already available in Dutch and Danish retailers, where sales are going well, and the new boxes will be introduced in the coming weeks. “Introducing easy combination packs and even creating baskets with a selection of exotics is a great way to promote the product.”
“We hope that, by launching them in December we can make it a success for Christmas and on-going months. We believe that there is still much ground to cover to increase consumption,” states Rients.
Total Exotics offers the products with its own brand, but it also allows for them to be marketed under private labels, including all the information on how to use and consume them.
For more information:
Total Produce Direct B.V.
2988 DC Ridderkerk
Tel. +31(0)180 644040
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-01 "It is young companies and open minds that make the difference"
- 2022-12-01 A strategy to encourage in-store stock rotation
- 2022-12-01 Putting an end to wasteful packaging, boosting reuse and recycling
- 2022-11-30 Minamisoma company turns vegetable waste into eco-friendly plastic
- 2022-11-29 “We plant a single tree with every deal that we make with a client”
- 2022-11-29 Manupackaging announces strategic partnership with Polymateria for biodegradable films
- 2022-11-29 Reclosable and sealed freshness-saving packaging with tamper-evident solution
- 2022-11-25 Cambodian Minister plans QR-code stickers to combat fraud with durians
- 2022-11-23 Himachal: No takers for 6% Goods and Services Tax rebate on apple cartons
- 2022-11-22 Edible packaging addresses both food waste and plastic waste
- 2022-11-22 SAVRpak partners with Mexican company Jüsto, distributing moisture control technology
- 2022-11-21 A range of paper and board packaging suitable for over 30 different fruits and vegetables
- 2022-11-21 'Prices in the plastics market in the EU and the US showed a decline in October'
- 2022-11-17 “A pallet-based system to extend berry shelf-life”
- 2022-11-17 Pineapple, chocolate and coffee part of special holiday gift boxes from Hawaii
- 2022-11-16 Quality label for products from Troodos mountain
- 2022-11-14 EastPack announces $30 million notes issue to meet growth In kiwifruit demand
- 2022-11-14 Veggie waste offers green solution to single-use packaging
- 2022-11-14 Angus Soft Fruits now importing berries using reduced-plastic, cushioning punnet to improve quality and recyclability.
- 2022-11-11 Brazil: Products must have labels from January 2, 2023