- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
‘Taste’ exciting new ways to eat avocados in Auckland this week
The four day-long foodie celebration promises to deliver bigger, bolder and tastier flavours than ever before, and New Zealand Avocado’s inaugural appearance will certainly set taste buds alight.
New Zealand Avocado ambassador and celebrity chef, Nadia Lim, will deliver two master classes on Friday at 6:30pm and Sunday at 1pm, while internationally-renowned chef Jimmy Boswell will also be on hand throughout the festival. Together they will create a range of delicious and simple recipes using avocados for people to try.
“Kiwis love avocados but some people may not have experimented with them beyond slicing some into a salad or putting them on toast,” Nadia says. “They are not only an amazing healthy and versatile wholefood but they’re also extremely versatile – you can use them in baking, desserts and smoothies and create some amazing dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner.”
Jimmy, who is a Jamie Oliver Food Revolution Ambassador for New Zealand, is also eager to see more people eating avocado as part of their everyday diet.
“As a chef I focus on using real food. Avocados have been part of my life since I was young and I love their fresh taste and texture. They’re easy to work with and are super healthy.
“I am excited to be with New Zealand Avocado this year at Taste of Auckland. I’ll be bringing some easy-to-plate dishes and ideas that I have been making for many years that will inspire and impress people dining at your table.”
Visitors to New Zealand Avocado’s stand and cooking demonstrations will be treated to an urban garden party theme. A relaxed seating area will be set up where people can sample Nadia and Jimmy’s unique creations, and an acoustic musician will perform at regular intervals on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
New Zealand Avocado chief executive Jen Scoular says Taste is a great chance to show Kiwis just how versatile and delicious avocados are.
“This summer New Zealand is set to produce its biggest ever avocado crop. This is a fantastic opportunity to show foodies new ways to use avocado. We know they’ll go home inspired to get more creative in the kitchen, and discover new dishes and taste sensations with avocados,” Jen says.
Festival-goers will also have the chance to win all the ingredients needed to make Nadia’s amazing avocado, lime and coconut cheesecake at home. To enter they just need to visit New Zealand Avocado’s ‘selfie corner’, create their own background using a hashtag magnet board, and upload their pic to social media sites.
Over 20,000 people are expected to dine their way around the Taste of Auckland Festival, which will be staged for the first time at Western Springs from Thursday 13th November until Sunday 16th November.
For more information visit www.tasteofauckland.co.nz/
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-30 Tosca welcomes Indy Obhi as Managing Director UK and Ireland
- 2023-11-30 For Rent: Property located in the transport zone Meer in Belgium
- 2023-11-30 Manter, IMA Ilapak Italia and IMA Record announce exclusive partnership
- 2023-11-30 WayCool's technology subsidiary allies with Yola Fresh
- 2023-11-29 Mushroom supplier acquires fresh produce company
- 2023-11-29 InspiraFarms Cooling in talks to acquire Celtic International
- 2023-11-29 Dutch and Belgian cooperatives explore future collaboration
- 2023-11-28 Grant J. Hunt adds to team
- 2023-11-28 Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan enters strategic partnership with Montague
- 2023-11-27 Primever relaunches fruit and vegetable business at Port of Sète
- 2023-11-27 Maf Roda acquires Caustier
- 2023-11-24 Alfredo Lira Chirif takes up role of vice president at Camposol
- 2023-11-22 Piet Pannekeet bids an untroubled farewell to JASA
- 2023-11-22 Zespri launches $2m annual fund to accelerate sustainable innovation
- 2023-11-22 Bosman Van Zaal now official dealer of Elpress
- 2023-11-22 Agrokasa Holdings delists shares from Lima Stock Exchange