- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Banana billionaire buys gherkin for £700m
The central London building is nicknamed the Gherkin
The distinctive Gherkin building in the City of London has been snapped up by a Brazilian billionaire.
Safra Group, the investment giant owned by Brazilian Joseph Safra, paid more than £720m for 30 St Mary Axe, according to the Financial Times.
The price was not disclosed.
The Gherkin, as it is nicknamed, went on sale in July after German property firm IVG Immobilien struggled with debts.
IVG had bought the 180m high building, which has 40 floors, in 2007 from insurance group Swiss Re for £600m.
The sale to Safra - amid high demand for commercial property in London - was announced just weeks after another high-profile deal in which Safra took joint control of banana specialist, Chiquita.
Safra Group said: "The acquisition of 30 St Mary Axe is consistent with our real estate strategy of investing in properties that are truly special - at the best locations within great cities.
"While only 10 years old, this building is already a London icon that is distinguished from others in the market, with excellent value growth potential."
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-30 Promising research on cultivation of coffee intercropped with banana and avocado in Brazil
- 2023-11-30 Japanese Ikeda announce the banana hammer
- 2023-11-30 EU banana imports from Ecuador increased by 20.44%
- 2023-11-29 Fairtrade banana company president honored
- 2023-11-29 Ecuador sees 6.3% increase in banana exports for October 2023
- 2023-11-28 Airbnb host warns about monkeys breaking into the house for bananas
- 2023-11-28 In week 46, average wholesale prices of Latin American bananas stood at €104/100 kgs in the Netherlands
- 2023-11-28 Bananas from Colombia at £1.06: unchanged from last week
- 2023-11-28 Delegation represents Belize at international forum on banana diseases in Guatemala
- 2023-11-27 Cocaine in Ecuadorian banana shipment intercepted at port of Piraeus
- 2023-11-27 Colombian banana producers are prepared for EU regulations
- 2023-11-27 Paraguay and Bolivia banana growers will resume shipments to Argentina
- 2023-11-27 Russia faces a sharp rise in banana prices, crossing 1.4 euros per kilogram
- 2023-11-24 Canarian banana production in 2023 is already 30% higher than last year
- 2023-11-24 Queensland bananas and melons make groundbreaking voyage to Japan market
- 2023-11-23 Peruvian Cavendish banana exports between January and October 2023 decreased by 17%