- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
- Sales Manager (Europe Division)
U.S. lettuce exporters urged to explore options in Japan
Today, a set of new factors have combined to boost new demand for cut vegetables, especially in the retail sectors. So far, the use of U.S. vegetables has been limited. However the latest developments are creating new opportunities for U.S. grown vegetables that did not exist before.
A recent expansion of the cut vegetable market is beginning to offer new potential inroads. A surge in imports of lettuce over the last few years, especially from Taiwan, underscores a new opportunity for exporters that is emerging in Japan’s food processing and food service sectors, particularly in Taiwan’s off season.
Therefore, U.S. exporters should explore options for taking advantage of these new
developments. A series of interviews with Japanese produce importers and processors reveal that one of the products with the greatest potential is lettuce, including both iceberg and romaine.
The market potential for these products has long been recognized yet the risk of fumigation has prevented U.S. exporters from being able to take full advantage of that potential. The potential is ever greater now and seeming to warrant
additional effort s by the U.S. industry to try to reduce the fumigation risks.
Please click here to read the full USDA Gain report.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-29 Smooth transition for greens to Yuma in 2023
- 2023-11-29 “This year we want to reach the English market with our organic products”
- 2023-11-29 "Broad celeriac sales with no outliers, cold could boost demand"
- 2023-11-29 Unusually strong Florida tomato market
- 2023-11-29 “Saturated” French tomato market
- 2023-11-29 "Half-heartedness won't get you to the top"
- 2023-11-28 UK growers warn of Christmas vegetable shortage due to wet weather
- 2023-11-28 Fresh Select overcomes challenges to lead innovation in salad and leafy greens industry
- 2023-11-28 Vegetables prices up in Lahore markets, despite new arrivals
- 2023-11-28 Prices of iceberg lettuce stabilized
- 2023-11-28 "The area devoted to artichoke this season in Lorca decreased by 30%"
- 2023-11-28 California grower celebrates 100 years
- 2023-11-27 Tomato yields decrease in Morocco as the weather gets colder
- 2023-11-27 Nice profits leads to increased summer cabbage, cauliflower, tomato cultivation in Bangladesh
- 2023-11-27 Ontario organic growers feeling pressure on pricing amid rising production costs
- 2023-11-27 "Challenging weather conditions for lamb's lettuce sowing"