- Production Director Phalaenopsis - Taiwan
- Flower Grower - Canada
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- PHOTO REPORT: Fruit Attraction 2022
- South African port strike: "Brace for a minimum one week strike, probably longer"
- Australia: 300 tons of oranges dumped due to wet weather, export troubles and labor shortage
- Increasing import and logistics costs weigh on the mind of importers
- Grapes grown especially for the Asian markets
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- "I have 400 tons of unsold grapes on the vines"
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
Ample opportunities for growers and retailers
5 million kilos of Sweet Sensation pears expected this year
"We are confident that Sweet Sensation is going to prove itself on a global scale. Not only because of the red tint the pears have but also due to the sweet and fresh taste that makes it stand out. The peer can be eaten with or without the skin," says Piet Hein Rietveld, sales coordinator for The Greenery. "This pear offers opportunities in the market for growers and retailers. These pears are being harvested in large quantities in not only the Netherlands and Belgium, but also in England, France and Italy.
Sweet Sensation is a premium red pear that was introduced to the market in 2013. This club variety was marketed in a closed concept. Therefore strict (and high) requirements are applied regarding the quality and the safety of the product. This year Sweet Sensation has become clearly recognizable due to their distinctive brand identity. Using the slogan 'Love at First Bite' the marketing campaign this year includes store demonstrations, on-pack promotions and different advertisements. The marketing campaign further emphasizes the distinctive features of this pear.
The Greenery expects good prices for the Sweet Sensation pear due to the interest shown by diverse customers. This year approximately 5 million kilograms of Sweet Sensation pears are being harvested in the Netherlands. Due to the warm spring the pears are being plucked 4 weeks earlier than normal. The pears are plucked with great care. In order to prevent damage to the skin the pears are carefully set into the cases. The pears are also stored in ideal conditions and then they are delivered when they are perfectly ripe.
The Sweet Sensation pear is available in a one or two layer package with the recognizable Sweet Sensation box and the PLU sticker, it can also be packaged with four pears in one in an attractive consumer box.
For product and commercial information you can contact Ton van Wiggen at The Greenery, tel. +31 (0)180 656 945, e-mail: email@example.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-07 Brazilian growers target Middle Eastern and Chinese fruit markets
- 2022-10-07 Jammu and Kashmir: 700 fruit laden trucks move on Mughal Road
- 2022-10-07 New Oriental Fruit Fly quarantine established in California
- 2022-10-07 Ideal winter leads to good expectations for coming 2022/23 Chilean cherry season
- 2022-10-07 'Returning orchards to farming'
- 2022-10-07 USApple launches 2023 Apples4Ed grant program
- 2022-10-07 "Vietnam has been our biggest market for fruit export for years"
- 2022-10-06 Extended California peak strawberry season is sweet news for consumers
- 2022-10-06 A team of UGA researchers is creating a “Noah’s Ark” of forgotten Southern apples
- 2022-10-06 Wisconsin cranberry crop rebounds after tough 2021 harvest
- 2022-10-06 Forecast is strong for California strawberry supplies
- 2022-10-06 Costa China farms grow blueberries, raspberries and blackberries in the Yunnan Province
- 2022-10-06 TruCapeFruit expects good 2022 cherry crop
- 2022-10-05 "We have worked with Moldovan companies that get it and are real entrepreneurs"
- 2022-10-05 Pre-solicitation announcement for purchase of fresh apples
- 2022-10-05 Upstate NY apple orchard named the third-best in the United States
- 2022-10-05 Ramping up Cotton Candy grape volume
- 2022-10-05 Surge in Eastern US apple harvest includes a Honeycrisp rebound season
- 2022-10-05 "Surplus puts serious pressure on start of Belgian top fruit season"
- 2022-10-05 Strawberry growers from north of Paraná get Geographical Indication